Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP North Little Rock ?

Date: 10/24/16 17:15
UP North Little Rock ?
Author: ns2557

I am going to be right by the UP NLR Yards and shop area this Thrsday. Is there anywhere close by that one could perhaps grab some shots and not tresspass on UP grounds.  I am going to be at the Martin Bower Facility on Henderson Drive.  Thanks for any replies.  Ben

Date: 10/24/16 18:22
Re: UP North Little Rock ?
Author: tomstp

Picture 2 is a Google Earth phioto of both the yard and engine shops.  ! is the shops only. top freeway in 2 is I-40 that runs on north side of hump yard. 

Date: 10/25/16 10:28
Author: bbethmann

Best bet is the Amtrak station.....both railway and local police are quite active in the area.

BB

Date: 10/25/16 17:58
Author: CPR-489

If you don't mind walking a little and being on a bridge with a small walking path then you can get some shots of the yard looking east off Locust St Bridge, few blocks to west is Main St. bridge here you can get some OK shots of rear of jenks shop but it's best to have a good lenses. On the main shop parking lot off Pike ave. they have a DD40X out for display and people are in and out taken photo's. Just south of jenks shop entry you have Arkansas River walk trail here you get photo's of trains coming off the bridge over Arkansas river. Also in and around the area they have few side streets that go right up and into the yard for access but don't go to far or you'll be on UP grounds. On Vine street between 12th and 13th is the main terminal entrance here they have caboose on display. Don't forget Union Station it's off West Markham and the other two old railroad bridges in the area.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0234 seconds