Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The Q-Train...

Date: 11/30/16 15:53
The Q-Train...
Author: FrontRangeTrains

On the way home from school and dropping Megan off at home, I followed the Front Range Sub on the way back. I didn't hear much on the scanner, but my gut told me to just keep following the tracks all the way home. By the time I got back to Longmont, I looked and noticed the Northbound Alliance - Portland Q-Train heading out of town. I made a quick U-Turn, got ahead of it, and was able to grab a shot off at the siding at Longs Peak between Longmont and Berthoud, Colorado. Today's train consisted of a Boeing Box, plenty of containers and four trailers. Glad to see this service is slowly growing since it first started back in September.

Thanks for looking!

John Crisanti
Longmont, CO

Date: 11/30/16 17:02
Re: The Q-Train...
Author: Hookdragkick

A good buddy of mine promoted up there and tells me that train is good running.

Posted from Android

Date: 11/30/16 18:42
Author: calbodfish

Eastbound volume (QPTLALT) remains about 1/2 of the level as its westbound counterpart, but is growing as well. There is significant opportunity in this corridor.

Rich Wallace
Thompson Falls, MT

Date: 11/30/16 18:50
Author: atsf121

What's the routing for this train? Trying to figure out how it comes north from Texas specifically. And then what's the route through Wyoming? Does this take the MRL?

Thanks, and I enjoyed the photos of the train and equipment.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/30/16 19:18
Author: FrontRangeTrains

I believe it takes the FW&D to Amarillo. From there it takes the C&S up through Dalhart and Trinidad. Then up the Joint Line to Denver. From there, it takes the C&S through Cheyenne to Wendover. It then takes the Orin Sub up through the coal fields to Gillette and onto Sheridan and Billings to reach the MRL.

Posted from Android

John Crisanti
Longmont, CO

Date: 12/02/16 02:16
Author: SD45X

FW&D to Texline:)
South trains have been using Brush sub.

Date: 12/02/16 02:19
Author: SD45X

Hookdragkick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A good buddy of mine promoted up there and tells
> me that train is good running.
>
> Posted from Android

Of course it is:) Especially since TO is running it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0432 seconds