Home Open Account Help 241 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP struck trespasser

Date: 12/01/16 14:26
UP struck trespasser
Author: cajon

UP 2532 south struck a trespasser around MP 421 in Plamdale CA. around 1:00PM today. Track might be open around 4:30PM. They were going to meet a north  train at Highland but the north train is at Wash. Crew off the train at Wash is going to get the train that struck the trespasser and bring it to Wash siding. Will need two patch crews now. One for the UP 2532 south and the north crew will be patch in route.
Dennis

Date: 12/01/16 16:09
Re: UP struck trespasser

The crew on UP 2532 is on the move to Wash at 16:05 and the crew at wash will leave when 2532 arrive.  Patch crews coming for both trains.
Dennis

Date: 12/02/16 08:54

Friday Antelope Valley PressLITTLEROCK - A 23-year-old man was killed Thursday when he was struck by a freight train as he walked along railroad tracks near his home - possibly while listening on headphones to music that prevented him from hearing the train approaching from behind him.
Although Palmdale Sheriff's officials have not released the name of the man, family members at the scene of the death about 12:45 p.m.Thursday just west of 87th Street East and north of Avenue T identified the man as Pedro Gonzalez."
He would walk up here in the mornings for about three hours and then he would come back home," younger brother Eduardo Gonzalez said. "I was at home, I came outside and I saw the train stopped and the train never stops. I had a bad feeling. Then I heard the sirens. 'Are they going somewhere else? Or are they coming here?' Yeah, they came here."His brother liked to walk and listen to music, Eduardo Gonzalez said. He said officials informed him that his brother possibly was listening to music and may not have heard the train coming.
The train was eastbound, the same direction Pedro was walking, Eduardo Gonzalez said."The cop he came up to us and he had a wallet in his hand, he didn't want to show it to us but I'm pretty sure it was him. He always goes out, walks, he likes listening to instrumentals because he writes - that's probably what he was doing up here," Eduardo Gonzalez said.Eduardo Gonzalez added that he was sure his brother knew the dangers of being near the tracks but didn't think much of it.Walking on railroad tracks or in the right-of-way bordering them is trespassing and is illegal, railroad officials say.Distraught family members on scene talked to California Highway Patrol Officials as Sheriff's deputies investigated the scene and talked to the train crew.Gonzalez' mother Ana Estrada said her son enjoyed walking. She is devastated about what happened."The train usually blares its horn and that didn't happen this time," Estrada said in Spanish.

Date: 12/02/16 09:00
Author: walstib

Sad story.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds