Home Open Account Help 403 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The New White Hoppers are Everywhere!

Date: 12/05/16 19:41
The New White Hoppers are Everywhere!
Author: funnelfan

Been noticing lots of new white 3-bay Trinity grain hoppers in a whole variety of reporting marks on both the BNSF and UP. Just this evening I saw a brand new car white car with BNSF reporting marks, but GATX in the upper right corner of the side. A couple weeks ago I saw several new COER (Crab Orchard & Egyptian RR) cars on a CP/UP grain empty heading north through Spokane. On the BNSF I've seen new AOK and a couple other reporting marks that I cannot recall off hand. In all cases the cars are just plain white with no logos with the exception of the GATX/BNSF car. Also saw a unit oil train of brand new UTLX tankcars that must have been on thier first trip. The cars were so glossy they were reflecting a large amount of light.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 12/05/16 22:36
Re: The New White Hoppers are Everywhere!
Author: Fizzboy7

Good for COER.   They've been in the leasing business for decades and have outlasted most others.  
Thanks for the pics.   Gives good modeling ideas.

Date: 12/06/16 02:33
Author: dcfbalcoS1

They look gray to me.

Date: 12/06/16 03:29
Author: kgmontreal

Look gray to me too.

KG

Date: 12/06/16 12:16
Author: boxcab

Gray to me, too. Also look like a great big blank tagger canvas.

Date: 12/06/16 14:33
Author: bnsftcdiv

Ive seen CGTX and CAIX, plus some new BNSF swoosh in the red brown scheme-All sequential, or close numbers. They seem to gather here in La Crosse until they get enough of them, then they disappear, I suspect as shuttle unit trains. 

Dave Burman
modeling the modern Twin Cities
Trempealeau, WI

Date: 12/06/16 14:34
Author: Hookdragkick

boxcab Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gray to me, too. Also look like a great big blank
> tagger canvas.

Is your mind racing, with all the possibilities that might be painted upon those blank canvases too?!

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds