Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF freight activity on San Gabriel Sub today

Date: 12/05/16 22:38
BNSF freight activity on San Gabriel Sub today
Author: oyw

Due to overcast skies I stayed close to the neighborhood today, following Metrolink's San Gabriel Sub over to Rancho Cucamonga where I found BNSF's 5th Kaiser job waiting between morning commuter trains before heading back to the yard in Fontana. The power was three blue and yellow GP60's and a GP60M-3 rebuild.

1) While waiting for crew members to walk up, the sun came out on BNSF 163 which will momentarily be on the move east at CP Rochester.

2) Take a look at GP60 197, it looks like someone took it upon themselves to undo the vandalism left by taggers. Maybe not a perfect match but I certainly applaud them, whoever they are.

3) After returning home, a little before 11AM I heard the Pasadena Local get permission to leave Kaiser westbound. Still cloudy but a few holes starting to develop, I waited at Grove Ave on the Rancho/Upland border as the local took the siding at CP Archibald for Metrolink train # 306. I got lucky with the sun as GP60M-3 142 and the three GP60's from earlier in the day, accelerated into view with 19 cars. The days of the red and silver units appear to running out although, while over at Kaiser in the morning, I did see a nice looking one still lettered Santa Fe.

Thanks for looking.

OYW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/16 22:40 by oyw.

Date: 12/05/16 22:44
Re: BNSF freight activity on San Gabriel Sub today
Author: CNW8531

Nice shots!  I always liked GP60's.  The #142 sure looks sharp in that new paint.

Date: 12/05/16 23:09
Author: Fizzboy7

Nice to see someone take the time to undo the criminal acts.   Thanks for sharing.

Date: 12/06/16 00:18
Author: gman1

stil shocked at the condition of the 197, all the rust around the battery box, the condition of the paint up high where the taggers didn't get to, the other units don't look bad though

Date: 12/06/16 04:38
Author: Atsf814

Great shots Bob! Still nice to see the GP60's and that paint fix is a great catch! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 12/06/16 08:09
Author: PasadenaSub

Great photos, Bob.  Wow, 4 units on the Pasadena Local again is a big catch. 

Tagged Warbonnet GP60M 137 has found a temporary home on the San Jac local, teamed with two blue & yellow GP60s.

Rich

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0421 seconds