Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > NS Central of N.J. heritage unit shows up in Kansas

Date: 12/06/16 13:35
NS Central of N.J. heritage unit shows up in Kansas
Author: JoCoLB

It's not the best photo due to backlighting, but it was still an enjoyable catch Tuesday afternoon when I snapped the shutter on the Norfolk Southern's Central of New Jersey heritage unit on the Union Pacific Railroad's Coffeyville Sub. at Bucyrus, Kan. The heritage engine was on the point of a northbound three-unit NS consist leading an empty grain train towards Kansas City. I had received a couple of tips from fellow railfans and made it to Bucyrus with only 5 minutes to spare. Should I have shot video over a still image?  I never know which way to go on heritage engines in bad lighting situations. Which do most of you prefer? My single camera shoots both video and stills.   (Photo by Larry Byers)  

Date: 12/06/16 13:36
Re: NS Central of N.J. heritage unit shows up in Kansas
Author: JoCoLB

Here's a going away shot of the power on the train.

Date: 12/06/16 18:05
Author: upkpfan

Larry,
Stills. Good catch. upkpfan

Date: 12/08/16 06:23
Author: Gonut1

Frogs need signs to tell them to jump?
Cool.
Gonut

Date: 12/08/16 06:54
Author: Lackawanna484

Miss Liberty gets around, doesn't she?

It's nice the host railroads seem to make an effort to get NS heritage units in the lead, where they can.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0453 seconds