Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Always Remember

Date: 12/07/16 09:17
Always Remember
Author: pyroman

Today marks the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.  My grandmother’s brother was at Wheeler Field and managed to survive the attack.  Both my grandfathers fought, one to the Pacific and one to Europe, from their teaching I learned to always respect the flag, remember what it stand for and what it cost.

Date: 12/07/16 09:42
Re: Always Remember
Author: cozephyr

Well said 😉.  Too many servicemen lost their lives December 7, 1941.  

Date: 12/07/16 09:49
Author: richmp412

Thank you for posting, and yes NEVER FORGET.

Date: 12/07/16 10:01
Author: Hookdragkick

Much Respect.

Sua Sponte

Posted from Android

Date: 12/07/16 18:19
Author: PHall

Yeah, those clean, undamaged flags do show respect. But UP has far too many units where the flag decal is either dirty, damaged or both and they show no inclination to fix them too.

Date: 12/07/16 18:54
Author: Lackawanna484

Thank you for including the CP unit in the portfolio.  By then, Canada had been engaged in the European campaign for two years.

And in the following days,  Canadian troops were taken prisoner by the Japanese as the Canadians defended Hong Kong.  Japanese aircraft destroyed the American air facilities in the Phillipines. And they sank HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Repulse a day later off Malaya.

It was a very grim three days for the US and Canada.  Many of the Canadian troops either died in the attack on Hong Kong, or later in Japanese prisoner camps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/16 03:38 by Lackawanna484.

Date: 12/08/16 14:14
Author: SCL1517

A great post--thank you!  It's a shame GE presents the flag so poorly on factory paint jobs with those vertical white lines.  It's always looked lousy.  Compare with the beautiful job EMD did on the SD70M's shown.  Nitpicking?  Maybe to some, but if anything is worth doing RIGHT, it's the presentaton of the flag (and no, this is not another dissertation on old/burned/dirty flags on UP locomotives).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0285 seconds