Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Vacationing in Billings

Date: 01/10/17 19:07
Vacationing in Billings
Author: roustabout

My daughter had her wedding in Billings last week. With a couple days between different events and gatherings and a rental car with unlimited milage, I did when every red-blooded railfan should do--explore the area. Friday, with the entire day to waste, I decided to drive to Miles City (truthfully, to visit a business taht makes and sells smokeless powder to ammo reloading).  The first image is of a couple of westbounds at Forsyth.  Second image was taken the next day near Huntley and the last was taken Sunday  from the Shiloh Road overpass west of Billings.  although it ws clear and sunny the entire time I was there, the temps ranged from -9 to 18 above.  Getting home Sunday, my flight was cancelled into PDX so I flew to Seattle and took Amtrak Cascade #501 to PDX where my car was.  The ride on Amtrak was the best part of the trip even riding in a car with a flat spot on one wheel (it quieted down at 77 or 78 mph).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds