Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > I am Surprised !

Date: 01/11/17 05:43
I am Surprised !
Author: DaveL

The UP Feather River Canyon in Northern Calif. has been closed since sometime yesterday and no mention here !
Large washout near Blairsden, Calif.

DaveL

Date: 01/11/17 06:22
Re: I am Surprised !
Author: TCnR

There's been brief mention but no details. The Donner in trouble posts get some extra traction by noting the FRC closure, or flooding in the Valley. I'm guessing all the TO contributors are busy bailing or have lost power or www. Pretty big storm with some rough twists.

Date: 01/11/17 06:30
Author: DaveL

True, spent half of last Sunday without power and yesterday burned out my sump pump in the well head.
Lake Hough (seasonal) is as close to me as i've seen in 15 years.
BNSF is struggling to keep mp 191-193 from going into Indian Creek.
6 cars of rock last evening and another ballast train on the way.

DaveL

Date: 01/11/17 06:53
Author: trainjunkie

Heard from a fellow rail who works that subdivision that the washout was about 4 miles west of Portola near Maybe (also spelled Mabie).

Date: 01/11/17 09:16
Author: TCnR

I'm noticing the D-Cam is showing no train activity. It might be a good time to have a summary thread, what routes are open and what are not.

All I have to monitor right now is the Weather Channel, looks like Portland got hit with a surprise snow storm, did it close the RR's as well? How about the Blues? Are they plowing or just cruising like always? The Ritzville Report is interesting in times like this.

Date: 01/11/17 09:29
Author: up833

Thanks for the report DaveL. You are the man we rely on for reports in that neck of the woods!
Roger Beckett

Date: 01/11/17 09:31
Author: BobL

Is the entire Feather River Canyon closed or just the UP east of Keddie?

Date: 01/11/17 10:09
Author: WP3545

I was out there last night and it was just east of Blairsdon. I believe the wash out is at MP317. MOW said it may be at least until Saturday for the repair. I brought up a rock train and a BNSF was behind us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/17 10:11 by upengr21.

Date: 01/11/17 22:03
Author: daniel3197

BobL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is the entire Feather River Canyon closed or just
> the UP east of Keddie?

I monitorred the following radio traffic last nite  tuesday 1-10-17  
This was heard on the Broadcastify Sacramento--Rocklin Radio feed
from Broadcastfy dot com .
THi means the main Canyon portion from Keddie to Oroville is CLOSED BLocked also
 ----- Daniel :

Major Landslide at MERLIN in FRC at mp 247 area. Siding is BLOCKED and will be very CLOSE clearance for mainline Passage.  
info as of 9:39PM on 1-10-17 tuesday.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/17 22:06 by daniel3197.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0348 seconds