Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CP Rail Camp Car?

Date: 01/11/17 17:43
CP Rail Camp Car?
Author: bnsfsd70

Back in November, I photographed the CP 424756 in Kansas City pulling into the Joint Agency yard (Knoche), and was wondering what you can tell me about it.  One of the trailers is labeled "7-Person Sleeper," while the other is labeled "Service/Locker."

The last camp cars I remember seeing like this were Conrail's back in the 90's, but maybe they're more common in Canada?

Thanks a lot for any help!

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 01/11/17 18:15
Re: CP Rail Camp Car?
Author: junctiontower

NS still uses some of the former Conrail ones.  I can't speak for CSX.

Date: 01/12/17 21:59
Author: leonz

They look exactly like the ones that were parked and secured on the Ithaca Secondary when they
had a huge crew installing ties,  grading, fixing drainage, running tampers, adding ballast,
running geometry push cars etc with mirrors and repairing the ribbon rail laid in the middle 1980's
and in the early 2000's. I remember chatting with one of the folks on the crews that said that they had
never worked this far north doing track work. They all parked their cars in the Ithaca siding and lived in
the sleepers while they were there. I think they all lived in or near Virginia from what I remember.. 

Date: 01/13/17 19:36
Author: shortlineboss

Who still uses camp cars today?

Mike Root
Madras, OR

Date: 01/13/17 20:09
Author: MP555

shortlineboss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who still uses camp cars today?

Among American Class 1s, only NS as far as I know.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1008 seconds