Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More Auburn Trackwork

Date: 01/18/17 11:13
More Auburn Trackwork
Author: Auburn_Ed

A little wet today, but yesterday afternoon track crews installed the new track for the Sounder Station in Auburn, WA.  Now they just have to cut out an old switch and install a new switch off of new Main.  I say 'a little wet', but we had almost 5 inches of rain here yesterday and they are saying 2+ inches today.  I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass is closed until tomorrow evening for ice and snow, the Cascades are really getting pounded.  Now I see I-84 closed in the Gorge.  This storm is almost cataclysmic.

Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/17 14:42 by Auburn_Ed.

Date: 01/18/17 11:30
Re: More Auburn Trackwork
Author: ABB

Looks to me that the new switch is all ready installed.  Just needs to be connected to the existing spur track when the old switch is removed.

Date: 01/18/17 11:36
Author: Coalca

Great to see the Puget Sound area take commuter rail seriously. 

Date: 01/18/17 11:44
Author: TCnR

Is this the location of the original NP Depot?

Date: 01/18/17 13:06
Author: BrianA

So I guess that makes this photo I took at the Auburn Sounder station Saturday historical?  Glad I didn't wait a week.

Brian Ambrose

Date: 01/18/17 14:37
Author: Auburn_Ed

You are right.....New switch is in place, it's just the old one that needs removal. then two new regular panels to complete.  The new Main Track panel is just east of the track (right side of photo).  The new switch has a 'lifting frog' that should see the welders there less often.

Ed

Date: 01/18/17 16:26
Author: CPRR

Is a diamond going in? What I am seeing is the old switch to be removed, a new one in the centre, plus the new Sounder track going to go over the spur? Am I right?

Date: 01/18/17 16:35
Author: SPB

Please keep the photos coming.  It would be great to see continued progress and completed trackwork. 

​Washington gets a good deal of rain, but it sounds like you are getting pounded these days. 

​Gerry

Date: 01/18/17 16:44
Author: jimB

Thanks for the update - I was there on Saturday and the track wasn't in yet.

Flew out of SEATAC yesterday evening and it was raining hard and low visibility, but that was the only rain I saw in a week visit to the area  mostly sunny. Thought I was in the wrong area.!

Jim B

Date: 01/18/17 17:46
Author: TAW

CPRR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is a diamond going in? What I am seeing is the old
> switch to be removed, a new one in the centre,
> plus the new Sounder track going to go over the
> spur? Am I right?

It's not a/the Sounder track; it's Main 1. The middle track with the existing turnout is Main 2. The Main 2 turnout goes away and the spur will be connected to the Main 1 turnout.

TAW

Date: 01/18/17 17:49
Author: TAW

TCnR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is this the location of the original NP Depot?

Yes.

TAW

Date: 01/18/17 19:04
Author: MP555

The new Main 1 should already be in service from the northern control point Thomas to Auburn North.  New Main 1 from Auburn North going south to Ellingson should be in service on Friday, January 27.  Monday the 23rd, the Main 2 CENEX switch is removed and straight track panels installed.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0542 seconds