Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Brazos River Bridge Out Again?

Date: 01/18/17 11:59
Brazos River Bridge Out Again?
Author: zars

We just got an email from our KCS rep:

We have a mainline bridge outage on the trackage rights at the Brazos River Bridge which is just north of Rosenberg, TX.  ETO at this time is 0600 tomorrow for repairs to the bridge.  Will keep you updated as I receive more information.  The following trains below are currently affected due to the outage.

Thanks

MYSH-17
JATL-16
JATL-17
KCNL-15
KCNL-16

Date: 01/18/17 13:01
Re: Brazos River Bridge Out Again?
Author: sptno

I looked at the NWS site and the river is projected to crest over 25 feet on Sunday.
Sounds like UP needs to redesign a complete bridge system and replace the bridge including a double track for future expansion.
It's going to be interesting to see what happens over the next few days.

Pat
South Austin, TX

Date: 01/18/17 13:18
Author: kd0086

They are suppose too during the next phase of the double track project from Sugarland, Tx to Richmond/Rosenburg, Tx. but things do change. We did received about 7" of rain today in Houston in about 3 hours alone with a lot of street flooding. That water has to go somewhere!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/17 18:03 by kd0086.

Date: 01/18/17 13:35
Author: sptno

Having lived in an area that flooded frequently, Victoria, TX and Corpus Christi, TX, my heart goes out to all of those impacted by the flooding.
We even have flooding threats here in Austin, TX.
Hope that everyone is doing OK and do not have major flood damages.
Be careful driving around in flooded waters.

Pat
South Austin, TX

Date: 01/18/17 19:35
Author: cuontv

Not much to see at this point.  A few UP maintenance and engineering SUV's and a boom truck along with a contractors truck parked along the city street in Richmond, TX at the bridge.  No other B&B equipment around or workers out on the bridge.  River running at 48 feet looking about normal for this type of heavy winter rains with more on the way.  No train traffic and Amtrak's Sunset Limited is exiting Houston Terminal via the BNSF by way of Alvin, eastbound UP stack train tied down at Harlem siding.  

Date: 01/19/17 11:45
Author: GP40X

Tom, I've been waiting for you to weigh in on this.
Lane

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds