Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > San Fernando Valley Railfanning on Friday the 13th

Date: 01/18/17 19:48
San Fernando Valley Railfanning on Friday the 13th
Author: erielackawanna

Was going to go on a big railfanning adventure with a friend (Fellow TOer too) but awoke feeling ill. As he took off to exciting places, I stayed local for a couple hours only in Burbank and Van Nuys, but it turned out to be a nice day. After taking these shots I went home and spent the rest of my day off in a very long nap.

Image one - A deadheading Metrollink trains skirts past the platform in downtown Burbank.

Image two - A 13-hour late Coast Starlight (AMT 11) follows soon on the heels of the deadhead.

Image three - Metrolink 210 from The Antelope Valley Line makes its station stop.

Date: 01/18/17 19:49
Re: San Fernando Valley Railfanning on Friday the 13th
Author: erielackawanna

Image four - I heard LOF42, the Saugus Local heading back to Van Nuys and I caught up to it on its shove west of Burbank Airport.

Image five - The on time still Amtrak 14 Coast Starlight stops at Van Nuys.

Image six - the LOF41, the Day Bud, heads back to Gemco after switching Budweiser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/17 19:53 by erielackawanna.

Date: 01/18/17 20:21
Author: CPRR

I love going to van Nuys to watch the guys working the yard and points north. One of these warm days, I will have to take a day off and climb around Stoney Point to shoot photos.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/18/17 22:52
Author: Fizzboy7

Very pleasant images!   It was a nice day to be out and about before more storms come.  Thanks for sharing and putting the SFV on the map!

Date: 01/19/17 09:38
Author: SCKP187

Nice photos.  The local looks good with the caboose on the end and great frameing in #5.
Brian Stevens

Date: 01/19/17 15:25
Author: ns1000

Very nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0461 seconds