Home Open Account Help 253 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Buy Low Sell High

Date: 01/19/17 18:41
Buy Low Sell High
Author: CajonRat

Wow, I shoulda bought CSX.  Anyone know why CSX jumped 23% in a single day???

Date: 01/19/17 19:01
Re: Buy Low Sell High
Author: SantaFeRuss

Three letters: EHH. That's why. Speculation that E. Hunter Harrison may be coming to CSX. Soon to be leaving Canadian Pacific. Known for cutting cost. Share holders love that.

SantaFeRuss

Posted from Android

Date: 01/19/17 19:21
Author: RayH

CajonRat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, I shoulda bought CSX.  Anyone know why CSX
> jumped 23% in a single day???

Yeah, try the Eastern Board...

Date: 01/19/17 19:59
Author: dan

there goes their steam program

Date: 01/19/17 20:33
Author: garr

dan Wrote:
> there goes their steam program

NS has the steam program. I don't believe EHH will have much to say about the NS program if he ends up at CSX. 

Jay

Date: 01/20/17 00:46
Author: SD45X

garr Wrote:
> dan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > there goes their steam program
>
> NS has the steam program. I don't believe EHH will
> have much to say about the NS program if he ends
> up at CSX. 
>
> Jay

Think it was sarcasm 

Date: 01/20/17 09:26
Author: HogheadMike

Remember that interst rates have been near ZERO for the passed 8 years. This distorts markets and directs investment from bonds and treasuries into stocks, creating a higher valuation. Just wait.  I'm setting aside a good hunk of cash to buy back into UNP when it hits $65 per share again. It's coming. Lots of speculation runing rampid right now with the new administration.  Stocks accross the board are at 365 day highs and this is NOT the time to be buying in. Remember that rail traffic is still down, especially coal, which is down double digits. The "official" inflation figures are practically flat.  There is no reason for railroad stocks to be valued the way they are.....at least not according to market fundamentals.

Date: 01/20/17 12:50
Author: callum_out

And for people who think Hoghead Mike is out of his mind, remember that not that long ago BofA was in the
4 buck range, it's been over 23 bucks a share as of late. The stock market isn't just for the fat cats!

Out

Date: 01/20/17 21:05
Author: cchan006

RayH Wrote:
> CajonRat Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wow, I shoulda bought CSX.  Anyone know why
> CSX
> > jumped 23% in a single day???
>
> Yeah, try the Eastern Board...

Yup. Went there, and enjoyed the comments, including yours. Hope you sold on the news and took some profits.

"Buy on rumor, sell on news" is way better "conventional wisdom" than "buy low sell high."

I remember before BNI was bought by BRK, that Warren Buffett would announce publicly (over a stretch of several months) that he's buying more BNI, yet the market didn't react all that much, and on a few occasions, price went DOWN after the news... then one day, WHAM! He bought BNSF and also my shares. :-)

If what I said sounds gibberish, then maybe a high-frequency trader-driven 23% jump is gibberish, too.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0443 seconds