Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Wanting to Go Great!!

Date: 01/20/17 09:54
Wanting to Go Great!!
Author: rrman6

Pres. Trump in his inauguration message just spoke of improving the infrastructure of the country and "RAILROADS" was an item I heard.  I'd hope to see such and wonder if this is leaning toward freight, passenger or both.  With AMTRAK it's known trackage involves both.  Just wondering what will be involved.  I know there will no doubt be many naysayers following here but myself, I'd like to think positive, yet not holding my breath.

Date: 01/20/17 09:56
Re: Wanting to Go Great!!
Author: chico

not to nit pick, but I think I heard "railways"     LOL

but it caught my attention!

chico

Date: 01/20/17 09:58
Author: santafe199

I thought the scenes of VP Biden taking a regular Amtrak train home was pretty neat...

Lance/199

Date: 01/20/17 10:15
Author: lowwater

Basically the same lines he used in many of his campaign speeches in one form or another:
"And we've spent trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while America's infrastructure has fallen into disrepair and decay."
and:
"We will build new roads and highways and bridges and airports and tunnels and railways all across our wonderful nation."

Date: 01/20/17 11:26
Author: rrman6

I'll stand corrected on the "railways".  My mistake.  Hope in the next few years we see it materialize and meanwhile I give any politicians credit for use of the railways in any means.

Date: 01/20/17 13:50
Author: bbcc

Let's all hope Amtrak survives the next four years.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/20/17 14:06
Author: Lackawanna484

There was a thread a few years back about unused and under used land owned by Amtrak. In the NEC, there are some enormous opportunities.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/20/17 15:51
Author: stampedej

santafe199 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought the scenes of VP Biden taking a regular
> Amtrak train home was pretty neat...
>
> Lance/199

Agreed!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/20/17 18:39
Author: PHall

lowwater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Basically the same lines he used in many of his
> campaign speeches in one form or another:
> "And we've spent trillions and trillions of
> dollars overseas while America's infrastructure
> has fallen into disrepair and decay."
> and:
> "We will build new roads and highways and bridges
> and airports and tunnels and railways all across
> our wonderful nation."
>

Should be interesting since the highways and bridges are public property while the railways are private property.
How do you justify spending public money on private property? 

Date: 01/21/17 10:06
Author: fbe

Perhaps he is referring to public transit and light rail in and around cities to reduce highway congestion. You have to admit the US is way behind the rest of the developed world on that. Russia is far ahead of the US as well since private auto ownership and downtown parking were not the goals in their planned economy.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds