Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A new webcam, sort of

Date: 01/20/17 10:07
A new webcam, sort of
Author: lowwater

Garfield County (Colorado) has relocated its Rifle air quality instrumentation array and the webcam has been aimed to take in a segment of UP's Glenwood Springs Sub (ex-Denver & Rio Grande Western) at milepost 386. It extends from the center left edge, where a small portion of the depot can be seen left of the MOW truck, into the trees in the center. Unfortunately the photo only updates every 15 minutes, and it is not automatic, at least not here, I have to refresh manually.https://www.garfield-county.com/air-quality/live-rifle-data.aspx

I should add that the archived images, which are only hourly, are much higher definition than the regular frames.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/17 10:18 by lowwater.

Date: 01/20/17 12:00
Re: A new webcam, sort of
Author: mapboy

I'm waiting for someone or some entity to put up a webcam with a view of BNSF's Transcon or UP's Sunset Route.

mapboy

Date: 01/20/17 13:39
Author: lowwater

mapboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm waiting for someone or some entity to put up a
> webcam with a view of BNSF's Transcon or UP's
> Sunset Route.
>
It'd sure be easier to catch a train on either of those than it will be on a camera that shows an image only every 15 minutes and captures one once an hour on a line than currently has 12 trains on a really-good day, as few as 4 on a bad one......

EDIT: AND, wonder of wonders, it just caught #5 on the 2:45 PM MST image. In the distance at the center, but it is (or was) there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/17 13:54 by lowwater.

Date: 01/20/17 13:48
Author: howeld

There are already two webcams on the BNSF transcon in western US. Several more if you look east of KC.
There is one in Victorville, CA which is a pay site
Flagstaff, AZ also has a camera on the Amtrak Station that is free but it moves off the tracks. (BTW it is snowing hard in Flagstaff currently).

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/20/17 15:28
Author: mapboy

howeld Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are already two webcams on the BNSF transcon
> in western US. Several more if you look east of
> KC.
> There is one in Victorville, CA which is a pay
> site
> Flagstaff, AZ also has a camera on the Amtrak
> Station that is free but it moves off the tracks.
> (BTW it is snowing hard in Flagstaff currently).
>
Thanks!  It looks like one can pause (stop) the Flagstaff camera movement when a train goes by.  I bookmarked it.

mapboy

Date: 01/21/17 06:38
Author: santafedan

My I have the link?  I used to have it but it got lost in a transfer of computers.

Date: 01/21/17 07:30
Author: BN6339

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0439 seconds