Home Open Account Help 386 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Potash Local arriving at Potash, UT

Date: 02/19/17 21:27
Potash Local arriving at Potash, UT
Author: Utah5005

After spending Friday and Saturday in Grand Junction, CO I slowly made my way back home and made a slight detour to Potash, UT to catch the LDG51B as it arrived to switch out the Potash plant. I had gotten off to a late start leaving Grand Junction and assumed that the local was already at  Potash but when I arrived it was no where to be seen so I took a few pictures before deciding to head for home. Right as I started to leave the local showed it face. I still have no idea how I missed it on the drive in but that doesn't matter since I caught it.

Photo 1: The LDG51B-19 arriving at Potash, UT.

Photo 2: UP 1624 (SD40N) on point.

Photo 3: UP 2197 (SD60) was number two but would serve as the lead unit once they left Potash.

Spencer Peterson
Payson, UT

Date: 02/19/17 23:00
Re: Potash Local arriving at Potash, UT
Author: trb

Nice shots Spencer!

I saw the local sitting at the west end of the Fruita siding about 09:30 this morning. Out of curiosity, did you get a chance to look into the Potash yard? I ask because last week I saw the local passing through Fruita(10:00) with one of the unit train empties (70ish cars). Sometimes they are loaded immediately and sent out, sometimes they are stored for a few weeks.

Did you notice if the dirt train was parked at Brendel or Emkay?

Thanks,
Todd Busse 

Date: 02/20/17 06:25

I did go by the Potash yard and it had about 20 or so cars in it. And the dirt train was parked at Brendel when I was out there yesterday.

Spencer Peterson
Payson, UT

Date: 02/20/17 06:35
Author: eatontm

Always nice to see the branch, thanks. What time did it arrive at Potash?

T

Date: 02/20/17 06:40

It arrived at Potash at 1:09 PM.

Date: 02/20/17 07:56
Author: mile250

Good to see graffiti-free units. Probably due to remote location, or the neighbors' good manners.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds