Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > One Foggy Morning

Date: 02/21/17 08:57
One Foggy Morning
Author: MaryMcPherson

Sound by night, video by day.  With an odd warm spell for February, I've been taking advantage to get out of the studio recently.

Early Sunday morning I got home after working 59 from Chicago to Carbondale, packed the gear in the Blazer and headed through the fog to Union Pacific's Chester Subdivision.  Following recording sounds in the Big Muddy River valley near Grand Tower until daylight, I switched to the video gear and headed to the bridge over the river near the ghost town of Aldridge.  Well, perhaps I use the term loosely.  Even the ghosts have given up the... well, themselves... and moved on.

After shooting a pair of trains from the floodplain below the river on the north side, I switched to the levy road on the south side for another.  Then it was on to Wolf Lake for a northbound coming out of the fog, before shooting one more just north of Ware.

From then, it was time to curl up on the couch with the television on something I wouldn't mind sleeping through.  These days, I suppose most new programming would fall into THAT catagory.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/21/17 10:05
Re: One Foggy Morning
Author: 4400horsepower

NICE,  VERY NICE Mary, Thanks for sharing with all of us on such a icky day.

Brian
Burlington, Iowa

Date: 02/21/17 11:22
Author: spdaylight

Love the dichotomy between the name of the name of your company and what you shot   . . . loved the 'below the bridge' shots  . . and the sound was spectacular!

Nicely done!

Craig
http://www.mcmrailvideos.com/

Date: 02/21/17 14:10
Author: SPMemphisFreight

Monsters with ditch lights coming out of the bottomland murk, very creative.  That CSX unit didn't really sound like a monster though. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds