Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some More Gemco Busy Days

Date: 02/26/17 16:53
Some More Gemco Busy Days
Author: erielackawanna

Following up on my post last week and GP25's a couple days ago, here's some more busyness at Gemco.

On Feb 22 I was at the station to pick my mom up on Amtrak and the Day Bud was putting together a short train for a Simi Valley run.

Image one is the rear of the train, just about ready to go.

Image two is a close up of the ex SP power.

Image three is the train shoving east to take the siding.

Date: 02/26/17 16:57
Re: Some More Gemco Busy Days

Image four is one last look at the Day Bud.

Image five happened because my mom's suitcase didn't make the 774 so we had to go back after the 784 made it's stop. Here's a storm-lighting look into the yard with power from the previous day's LOQ35 (Gemco Flyer) awaiting its next assignment.

Image six is now the next day (dropping mom back off) I assumed this was the Day Bud (LOF41) with some odd power (an SD60M and a Dash 8-40CW) but I'm not convinced anymore because it then grabbed a cut of ballast cars and did a very slow walk up the yard lead with work crew walking alongside of it (anyone know what symbol it might have been given?).

Date: 02/26/17 16:59

Now still Feb 23, some more shots of the work train. As it was moving so slowly, even with HORRIFIC traffic (I was able to get ahead of it twice).

Image seven is the work train consist put together.

Image eight is Amtrak 763's rear with the work train.

Image nine is a roster of the Dash 8 (didn't think I'd ever see a UP Dash 8 working at Van Nuys again).

Date: 02/26/17 17:01

Image ten is of the train pulling over the Van Nuys overpass.

Image eleven is from the overpass off of Raymer (this pedestrian overpass has been taken over by the homeless and I don't recommend using it as a photo prop unless you can literally run up and down in three minutes as I did here - up until last year I shot from here all the time - but I just don't think it's safe anymore).

Image twelve is another roster of the Dash 8 (from the pedestrian bridge).

Date: 02/26/17 17:02

Image thirteen is from the private crossing west of the pedestrian bridge (in the background).

Image fourteen is a going away from the same spot.

Thanks for looking (and UP thanks for making Gemco fascinating again).

Date: 02/26/17 17:18
Author: SCKP187

That's a lot of nice activity and units.  Great photos of the day's work.
Brian Stevens

Date: 02/27/17 05:41
Author: ns1000

My favorite is Pic 5!!

Date: 02/27/17 09:01
Author: BarstowRiff

Interesting series of shots......also like the Spokane International reporting marks on the MOW hoppers.

Date: 02/27/17 13:21
Author: StarshipConductor

Great Pictures! I love how the Union Pacific waited till I retired, then starts rebuilding the yard! LOL!!!

Date: 02/27/17 13:26

StarshipConductor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great Pictures! I love how the Union Pacific
> waited till I retired, then starts rebuilding the
> yard! LOL!!!

I actually heard it over the radio, "Starship is out of here, now we can make it nice."

LOL!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0553 seconds