Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Dumb Luck on the AT&L

Date: 02/27/17 18:47
Dumb Luck on the AT&L
Author: BNSF-6432

As I took the previous Friday to make a run over to El Reno, OK on UP's Enid Sub (former Rock Island), I got an extra surprise when checking on the AT&L (Austin Todd and Ladd, the founder's grandsons). After joining back with the tracks in Calumet, just west of El Reno, I was thinking to myself this will probably be a waste of time when I encountered a stopped orange GP40 behind the trees with lights on and running. After a little wait the crew was putting the train together at a crossing and was ready to head east. Unfortunately it looked as if they would switch this elevator, but that did not happen so I was stuck with just shots at this location before they went into El Reno to the UP.

1) I never got an exact car count, but they had quite the amount as the train stretches over the small hills of central Oklahoma

2) The train passes Coffey Grain in the center of Calumet, OK with a GP40, GP9, GP7u, and a GP40

3) A passing shot with a truck parked across the street from the elevator

PQM

Date: 02/27/17 19:07
Re: Dumb Luck on the AT&L
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice catch and in perfect light, doesn't get much better.
JB

Date: 02/27/17 19:38
Author: qnyla

Great shots.

Date: 02/27/17 20:17
Author: SCKP187

Great catch and photos Patrick---you are amoung the few that caught a moveing train on the AT&L
Brian Stevens

Date: 02/28/17 03:24
Author: GBW309

Interesting group of locomotives.  I bet that would be fun to watch/photograph.

Dave

Date: 02/28/17 06:07
Author: oklachaser

Great carch & photos. The few times that I've been thru there I haven't seen them out running.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 02/28/17 06:31
Author: bobk

Nice catch and shots!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0311 seconds