Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP ISCLB Through Jericho, Clear Lake, and Black Rock, Utah

Date: 03/18/17 14:59
UP ISCLB Through Jericho, Clear Lake, and Black Rock, Utah
Author: jdln

Yesterday afternoon I followed the ISCLB from Jericho to Milford, Utah and took a few videos along the way. 
At Clear Lake a rail grinder is parked in the house track to (I think) refill the water.
It seems like the LA&SL was busy yesterday. This train met others at Jericho, Champlain, East Lynndyl, Clear Lake, and Milford.
No audio. 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/18/17 15:23
Re: UP ISCLB Through Jericho, Clear Lake, and Black Rock, Utah
Author: Copy19

Wow, talk about a memory!  That first sequence shows the crossing where years ago I was riding an eastbound container train (before doublestacks) when I thought we were going to hit a Jeep Wagoneer towing a long horse trailer.   As we came around the curve we saw him approaching, slow down, and end up stopped on the track.  We were getting excited and began to get ready to get down below the cab windshield.  Suddenly he backed up and cleared.  I kept wondering what I was going to tell my wife who is a horse nut!

JBOmaha

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/17 08:03 by Copy19.

Date: 03/18/17 16:27
Author: electromac

Outstanding!

Date: 03/18/17 20:43
Author: kyrasmus

The Lynndyl was in a work window in the morning for a crew working between Tintic and McIntyre, so it should have been busy in the afternoon. Great video! That stretch from Van to Bloom is already desolate and flat from ground level - very much accentuated from the air. Proof for a modeler that scenery can be basic!!!

Date: 03/18/17 21:52
Author: atsf121

Great video, I especially like how you cross over the trains to get a view from the other side.  Seems like the cinematography you would see in a PR video.  

I think that's the Loram grinder we saw parked in American Fork, UT the other week. I wondered where it was headed.  

Nathan

Date: 03/18/17 22:25
Author: Skygevo

Awesome!thanks for the Video!

Date: 03/19/17 07:22
Author: oklachaser

Great video. Looked like a good day instead of "A Bad Day at Black Rock." 

Ronda Thomas

Date: 03/19/17 08:09
Author: jdln

atsf121 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great video, I especially like how you cross over
> the trains to get a view from the other side.
>  Seems like the cinematography you would see in a
> PR video.  
>
> I think that's the Loram grinder we saw parked in
> American Fork, UT the other week. I wondered where
> it was headed.  
>
> Nathan

Thanks, I like how that turned out, too! Kind of like driving over an imaginary overpass. 

I saw the Loram grinder a few weeks ago near Grantsville and followed one of those rental water trucks into town. Those rail grinders must require a lot of water. 

Date: 03/19/17 18:24
Author: zfan

Great video!  I've paced those 70 mph hotshots several times on that parallel highway while heading down to Vegas.  It's too bad you have to veer back to the freeway at Milford. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds