Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Any News on Charger Test in the San Joaquin Valley?

Date: 03/19/17 09:05
Any News on Charger Test in the San Joaquin Valley?
Author: lynnpowell

Does anyone have any news concerning the Siemans Charger testing that occurred last night and will continue today on the BNSF San Joaquin Valley mainline?  What is the consist of the train?  Do they do a brief stop at each of the regular Amtrak stations?  What time will they be departing Bakersfield this morning?  Is the Charger leading the consist on these test runs?

Date: 03/19/17 10:07
Re: Any News on Charger Test in the San Joaquin Valley?
Author: kg6nlw

From my understanding, it is 3 chargers and 2 coaches. A charger on each end facing the appropiate direction, and the third charger/coach for braking and crossing circuits.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA
FranksRails Photography, LLC.

Date: 03/19/17 10:19
Author: trainjunkie

Saw a video of it @ JLS on FB last night and it looked like a Charger on each end with four bi-level coaches in between.

Date: 03/19/17 10:35
Author: jkchubbes

I caught some quick shots this morning in Bakersfield. The consist is as mentioned above, 4 California cars with CDTX 2101 and CDTX 2103 on either end. It looked like some people from Siemens were setting up equipment in the cabs of both locomotives so I imagine it will be leaving North sometime before noon.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,4252423

Posted from Android

Date: 03/19/17 12:32
Author: Jared

Went north through Shafter at 12:30pm.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/19/17 17:43

Departed Modesto at 5:33 PM after a 20-second station stop!

Date: 03/19/17 18:27

The Siemens "Charger" test train arrives in Modesto.  I don't know what kind of tests they conducted, but the train's running time from Bakersfield to Modesto was 1 hour 47 minutes longer than a normal Amtrak San Joaquin schedule.

Date: 03/19/17 19:25
Author: OregonOldGuy

The little air deflector is interesting.  I wonder if the Washington state units will get something!

Rob

Date: 03/19/17 20:12
Author: PHall

OregonOldGuy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The little air deflector is interesting.  I
> wonder if the Washington state units will get
> something!
>
> Rob

The California units will be used with nothing but high level equipment so the "spoiler" makes sense.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds