Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A couple views from the Lakeside Sub

Date: 03/20/17 00:30
A couple views from the Lakeside Sub
Author: funnelfan

1. A friend and myself found this spot the other day, but bad light conditions meant we couldn't make the best of it. So with some daylight left to burn after work today, we knew exactly where we wanted to finish out this wonderfully sunny day. We both like spots where you can stack a train on top of themselves, and this certainly is one of the better places that I've seen. A couple of hog-lawed grain empties sitting on main two at Lind had trains single tracking from Paha to Beatrice. A grain empty was sitting at Beatrice waiting on this grain load and the following M-SPOPAS, but was delayed enough getting out of here that it stabbed a Z-CHCPTL at Paha.

2. Sprague, Washington is certainly inundated with water. Many streets are closed with homes and businesses flooded. Sprague Lake itself has backed up into the fields around Sprague Siding. Here the daily train from Spokane to Pasco tip toes around the flooded landscape. Trains were encountering a number of slow orders due to soft roadbed.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 03/20/17 06:08
Re: A couple views from the Lakeside Sub
Author: oklachaser

Great shots. I especially like #1.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 03/20/17 06:46
Author: SP8595

Outstanding pair!

Date: 03/20/17 08:07
Author: SPgoletablock

Sweet angles!

Date: 03/20/17 09:26
Author: Ritzville

Two interesting shots Ted. I saw all the flooding on Saturday as I drove to Spokane. Hope the water recedes soon.

Larry

Date: 03/20/17 09:34
Author: TCnR

#1 should be an interesting location as the hillside colors change through the year.

Date: 03/20/17 13:50
Author: jmbreitigan

Two beauties.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds