Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > last shot on the road . . .

Date: 03/22/17 17:28
last shot on the road . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   I guess technically "shots". While approaching the time change at Brewster, KS on last lap to father in laws in Goodland noticed an eastbound KYLE passing through Brewster so of course in spite of cloud cover exited and gave chase catching him at the first crossing east of Brewster hauling one hundred and twenty eight cars (top) and then again approaching the next town to the east, Levant (bottom) before resuming westbound journey home with a lunch and visit stop in Goodland bringing an end to this particular outing. This train "normally" meets it's westbound counterpart west of Norton where they exchange trains and head back to Phillipsburg and Goodland respectively meaning there "should" most likely be a westbound Limon turn out of Goodland tomorrow.
​JB

Date: 03/22/17 18:16
Re: last shot on the road . . .
Author: oklachaser

Great shots JB.

Ronda Thomas

Posted from Android

Date: 03/22/17 18:28
Author: nwkrailfan

Enjoy the CORP tunnel motors now. They'll be gone soon.

Nice stuff as usual JB!

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/17 18:29 by nwkrailfan.

Date: 03/22/17 20:23
Author: ns1000

I REALLY like Pic 2!!

Date: 03/23/17 04:14
Author: bobk

Nice catch and shots!

Date: 03/23/17 05:55
Author: eatontm

Great series of shots! Always enjoy your road trips!

T

Date: 03/23/17 08:01
Author: ts2100

nwkrailfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Enjoy the CORP tunnel motors now. They'll be gone
> soon.
>
> Nice stuff as usual JB!
>
> Posted from Android

Are you referring to the CORP tunnel motors only, or the KYLE's entire fleet of them? I was concerned about the fate of the tunnel motors with the impending arrival of the Utah Railway MK50-3s, but a reliable source told me they won't be going anywhere. The KYLE RR has been extremely busy and they need all of the power they can get.

Todd Skaggs
Dodge City, KS

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0426 seconds