Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Old Santa Fe and BN cars full of RR ties Matfield Green, KS

Date: 03/26/17 07:15
Old Santa Fe and BN cars full of RR ties Matfield Green, KS
Author: docgrommesh

Got this short but colorful BNSF just south of town in Matfield Green, KS.  It is southbound getting ready to hit the stretch between there and Cassoday, KS.  If you know that stretch there are no roads.  One of these trips when the wind isn't blowing 35-40 mph.... I will get some drone footage down in that ravine.  The only pictures I know of in there are on Google Earth and that is no fun  :) 

Enjoy the view! 

Doc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/17 07:34 by docgrommesh.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/26/17 09:18
Re: Old Santa Fe and BN cars full of RR ties Matfield Green, KS
Author: bnsfsd70

Nice video!

- Jeff Carlson

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/27/17 06:00
Author: eatontm

Nice perspective and interesting train. Might just be me but your videos would be more enjoyable to watch if you weren't flying around so much the entire time.

T

Date: 03/27/17 10:27
Author: santafe199

I like your video work which in my opinion is well done, even with moving your drone around a bit. I don't imagine that's very easy to do. I have a couple of minor, nit-picking corrections. Even though the trains through the Matfield Green & Flint Hills area do run north-south as the crow flies, they are east-west according to timetable. And your statement that there are no roads south of Matfield is a bit misleading. Kansas highway 177 (which originates north of Manhattan, KS) all the way down through the Flint Hills, roughly paralleling the BNSF main as far as Chelsea siding. It ultimately ends in a 'T' intersection with US hwy 54/400 a few miles east of El Dorado, KS. I assume you meant there are no roads closely adjacent to the main line between Matfield & Cassoday. Actually there is a rough access road along the main between the K-177 overpass & Cassoday, but it is BNSF private property and is usually gated off...

Lance/199

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0398 seconds