Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Info Request, BNSF Seligman Sub Local, Road Switcher, Manifest

Date: 03/26/17 11:03
Info Request, BNSF Seligman Sub Local, Road Switcher, Manifest
Author: 6088

Good morning,

Considering a trip to the Seligman Sub for some railfanning.  I am really curious on how the locals work.  I have some info from 2013.

MKGMWIN normally on duty 1930 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at Needles. Crew receives GTB and work orders at Needles then deadheads to Berry where their train is made up and air tested in the south siding by the road switcher. Train enters Main 2 at MP 508.3 and proceed eastward.

MWINKGM usually on duty Winslow about 1900 Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Train ties up in south siding Berry. Crew requires a van from Berry to Needles.

Then there is an RSWE0091I works Monday through Friday out of Getz (I see no place on Google Earth for a crew to go on duty, any idea where the power was stored? M, T, TH, F they would work east to Nelson, and on Wednesday work west to McConnico, and make the train up for the MKGMWIN.  

RSWE2021I runs just Monday to McConnico.

This all still happening?  If the MWINKGM destinates at Berry south siding, do they leave the power there?  Where does the RS power hang out?  Does KGTR pull their cars off the siding, and then replace them with that they pull for BNSF?

Thank you in advance

Date: 03/26/17 11:44
Re: Info Request, BNSF Seligman Sub Local, Road Switcher, Manifes
Author: slug96

M WINKNG/ L SWE0091

The WINKNG goes on duty in the late evening and runs at night across the subdivision. They'll head to Nelson where the 091 crew will get on duty. They'll do there work there and head west to Kingman do there work at the industry in town and west of town (Getz). Once done, they'll build their train for an outbound crew to run back to Winslow as a M KNGWIN or M KNGBEL (if Winslow is full, they'll just run to Belen).

L SWE0071 (Flagstaff local)
They work Monday-Friday and work between Bellemont and Darling. They tie down the train at the east of Flagstaff, by the Purina dog food factory. They go on duty at 0700 and build their train and Purina and will also for permission to enter the main around 10 or 11. They'll do their work in town first and then head to Darling or Bellemont. Not sure when,but they head to Winslow.

If anyone has more up to date info, please let us know!

Posted from Android

Date: 03/26/17 13:52
Author: EricSP

When I was in Kingman in October 2013, BNSF had 2 ES44C4s, a GP60M, and an 8-40CW parked by the Kingman Airport.

Date: 03/26/17 13:52
Author: goneon66

any info on these seligman sub locals in kingman and flagstaff would be appreciated.  i need to update my dispatching sim..........

Date: 03/26/17 14:43
Author: slug96

Power for the Kingman local is whatever the power was on the M WINKNG.

EricSP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I was in Kingman in October 2013, BNSF had 2
> ES44C4s, a GP60M, and an 8-40CW parked by the
> Kingman Airport.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/26/17 17:53
Author: zchcsse

KGM is the proper symbol for Kingman.

-Tom

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0457 seconds