Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Union Pacific Anahiem, CA Branch- ? question?

Date: 11/05/03 00:44
Union Pacific Anahiem, CA Branch- ? question?
Author: MrMRL

Hollas,

I understand that very few people out there can shed some light on this, but does anyone have a clue why 15-30 89' flatcars are sitting on a siding between Bloomfield Ave. and Shoemaker Ave. in Santa Fe Springs, CA? In my 18 years of crossing that track I have never seen cars like that, or that long on that track.
Thanks for any answers.

Robby F. (Mr. MRL)

Date: 11/05/03 06:52
Re: Union Pacific Anahiem, CA Branch- ? question?
Author: RustedFlange

Car numbers? Sounds like baretable storage.

Date: 11/05/03 09:05
Author: SP_8299

I noticed the same thing while leaving my RR club last night (crossing the tracks at Bloomfield). Almost as weird as the time I saw a loaded trilevel autorack go by on an inbound Anaheim Hauler a few years back. But like RF said, I'm guessing UP is using the siding to stash excess cars.

Date: 11/05/03 09:35
Author: SteveD

Isn't that part of the track U.P. just recently rebuilt?..hefty investment for mere car storage.
BTW, altho it goes to Anaheim that is really Santa Ana Branch.
The real U.P. Anaheim Branch follows a different route and only reaches Fullerton today.

Date: 11/05/03 11:46
Author: MrMRL

What suprised me was their length. They probably enjoyed grinding around the curve at the wye in Norwalk.

Robby F. (Mr. MRL)

Date: 11/05/03 12:07
Author: TopcoatSmith

I'd tend to agree with 'Flange and SP, unless they're M-O-W cars used for transporting machines ..... (don't know, ain't seen 'em).

TCS - wasn't Billy's last name Bloomfield?

Date: 11/05/03 12:55
Author: SP_8299

Interesting possibility TCS....

I really need to check out those cars. Natually, it was dark, so all I could make out were the length of the cars, and the upright bridge plates on the ends. Curious whose cars they are - like the 'flange said, it might shed some light on why they're there.

Date: 11/05/03 18:52
Re: Union Pacific Branch stuff
Author: TopcoatSmith

The Riverslide branch has gotten welded rail dropped recently according to residents of the 909, probably relay rail.

TCS - rarely spotted owl in daylight.

Date: 11/06/03 17:21
Author: PigSnoot

Pig flats are for the MOW rubber wheeled equipment transport, gons for tie plates, spikes, sectional rail, debris removal, etc.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0513 seconds