Home Open Account Help 270 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tuscon Electric Railroad

Date: 01/19/04 10:52
Tuscon Electric Railroad
Author: RVFoamer

Is the Tuscon Elec RR still in operation, And does it run off the Apache RR from Holbrook. Of course I should mention this is in Northern Arizona.

Thanks ahead of time
RVF-aka Ernie

Date: 01/19/04 12:37
Re: Tuscon Electric Railroad
Author: roberthedgecock

Are you referring to the line that runs down to the Electric power plant near Springerville? I have made several business trips to this plant in the last year when ive seen a train it is always BNSF power There is also another plant west of Holbrook at Joseph City they have there own switchers EMDs and receive coal off a short spur from the mainline

Date: 01/19/04 13:48
Author: kevink

Date: 01/19/04 17:25

Thanks Robert.

RVF

Date: 01/19/04 17:41
Author: mundo

The link to Old Pueblo Trolley is of no value to this post/question.

This is a operation in Northern Arizona, along the main line of the BNSF.

Note the spelling is TUSCON, not Tucson, where old Pubelo is located.

Date: 01/19/04 18:38
Re: Tucson Electric Railroad
Author: toledopatch

The correct spelling of the city is Tucson. I assume the power company is named after the city.

Date: 01/19/04 21:05
Author: roberthedgecock

Forgot to add in my earlier reply to those of us who like industrial locomotives Dont waste your time driving way out to the Springerville plant PS its in the middle of nowhere They only have a Trackmobile The Joseph City plant has a couple of EMD SWs that can usually be photographed from the North side off the freeway exit

Date: 01/19/04 21:26
Author: mundo

toledopatch you should look at the web site mentioned for Old Pueblo and you will learn what its about.

Date: 01/20/04 11:23

Sure Robert, But the coal has to get from the mainline to the plant. It looks like in my Delorme they would leave the main at Navajo and head south on the Coronado spur then onto the TUCSON power plant spur. As you said earlier That you saw BN power at the plant. Friends have purchased property west of St. Johns, Should be able to see some rail traffic close enough.

Tahnks RVF-aka Ernie

Date: 01/20/04 12:07
Author: Winks

This coal line to the power plants splits off the main just west of Navajo at Coronado Junction MP 215.9 and heads south.

Picture attached of a eastbound passing the east wye track.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0289 seconds