Home Open Account Help 218 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Altamont press discussion board

Date: 02/12/04 11:32
Altamont press discussion board
Author: bnsftim

Stay away from there. There is a lot of Todd bashing going on and the webmaster says he has no control over it. What a bunch of****-****!!!!. I really laid on him over the phone. Gave him a piece of my mind!!!!!!!!! What on earth did Todd do to deserve this??? I thought about getting my friend to crash the website. That would really teach him a lesson.

My 2 cents worth.
Tim H

Date: 02/12/04 11:48
Re: Altamont press discussion board
Author: karldotcom

Is it the usual suspects? (those booted from T.O.?)

I don't thinking launching a Denial of Service attack is legal anymore...

Date: 02/12/04 12:17
Author: bnsftim

Your right,sending virusus is illegal on the info super highway. I just get over excited and mad when I see this kinds of acts being performed to innocent victims. I will not buy or visit altamont press products anymore. He can have a moderator but he refuses to.

Tim H

Date: 02/12/04 12:28
Author: stash

Rob will delete the posts when he gets time. Running a business is a higher priority. There are one or two people ejected from T.O. for poor conduct and their only outlet seems to be Altamont.

Date: 02/12/04 12:39
Author: RustedFlange

I guess you didn't say who you were when you called. On the AP discussion board:

What is really sad is receiving a phone call from some anyomously to complain about name calling on the discussion board. Like Rob, I do not care to really police what is posted, I would hope railfans could be a little more professional. Sadly a number are not.
Not sure what to do about it. Rob wants to rid of this discussion board, though overall the consensus is to keep it. Though alias are perfectly fine, though often the individual hasn't clearly identified themselves.

The other idea has been to create a Yahoo discussion site. For many of you, then at least you can receive the messages in e-mail.

The moderator (Ot terminator) Bealville Greaser

http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/q.cgi?p127024934

Date: 02/12/04 12:45
Author: hepkema

Chill. As a poster to both boards, I've noticed that they BOTH have members who have the typical railfan etiquite when it comes to an opinion "My belief is 'righter' than yours". Just try posting anything with an opinion attached and see what happens. What I see here (in this post and others over there) is that we have a case similar to the bar in Cheers, where they have a rivalry with the "other" place. Unless you want to propose a football game or something, take it easy. You'll end up living longer. I know of some "'Fans of high stature" who wouldn't be caught dead having their name show up in either (or both) boards--for obvious reasons. Leave it alone. I'm guessing that this thread might disappear because it might make people visit Altamont out of curiousity--let alone the threat of sabotage--which is illegal.

Roger H.

Date: 02/12/04 15:39
Author: pismopete

It is not just Altamont that has a anti-Todd group. The "wplist" on yahoo! has a bunch of Todd haters, too. I posted something on there about the new Life-Like U28B being on trainorders and I got back a bunch of replies about how Todd is a liar, etc. and they would NEVER come to trainorders again! Oh, well!!

Peter Arnold

Date: 02/12/04 15:58
Author: SP9735

The really neat thing about this liberty and pursuit of happiness thing we have is that we can avoid those things which bother us and move on to higher callings, such as enjoying life and going out to watch trains. I didn't realize that so many people were so wrapped up in online discussion forums. Isn't there a whole world outside your office/cubicle/home/whatever? Pick up a paper, read the headlines... Life is much bigger than ranting over "meanie" web site operators.

I think Mark Twain would have called it myopia.

Just my $.02.

Thank you for listening. If you didn't like that, move on. It's your right.

Date: 02/12/04 17:38
Author: SPB

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail. Todd and Rob have both provided the railfan community with terrific services. I see no benefit to anyone in bashing or threatening them or their services. I am grateful for what they do.

SPB

Date: 02/13/04 07:42
Author: BNSFCSX

As am I. Look what happened to BNSFPIX, one too many straws broke the camels back. I miss what was a great site for the BN/BNSF fan. You surely need one thick skin to do this stuff.

Lenny
BNSFCSX

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.047 seconds