Home Open Account Help 388 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Military Train

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 08/22/04 17:07
BNSF Military Train
Author: Grande-Fan

North bound BNSF C44-9W #5181 was tied up in the North Colorado Springs Siding Today.
From what I could tell this military train is bound for Portland Oregon.

Date: 08/22/04 17:08
Re: BNSF Military Train

Over view of some of the car's.

Date: 08/22/04 17:09

Neat Dozers!

Date: 08/22/04 17:11

Big Tanker truck

Date: 08/22/04 17:12

Nice Santa Fe flat

Date: 08/22/04 17:14

Bunch of chain holding down them Hummers

Date: 08/22/04 18:09
Author: AMTK157

Nice shots. Interesting that a military train is allowed to sit un-crewed (and without security) on a siding. Any comments, Tom Ridge?

Date: 08/22/04 18:18

I could not find hide nor hair of anybody.
I walked the tracks for a 1/2 mile and saw no one.
Nathan

Date: 08/22/04 18:22
Author: nikon1

Brings back memories of doing railhead while in the Army. you may not have seen anybody but, I guarrantee that you were being watched.
Ch

Date: 08/22/04 18:24
Author: cdub

Well, this is the first time I've seen pictures posted on Trainorders of a military train on the same day they were taken, post 9/11.

Date: 08/22/04 18:29
Author: stevewa

More unarmored humvees heading out. Where'd the $87B go?

Date: 08/22/04 19:42

Thank you all for the feed back. I am happy to post photo's as time allows.
Really enjoy getting comments, I was posting on a different site that
people just did not seem to care.
Again Thanks everyone!!!

Nathan Zachman

Date: 08/22/04 20:12
Author: eatontm

I wonder where this train went/is going after it left the jointline? Maybe the front range sub? thanks for the shots!

-Tyler

Date: 08/22/04 20:16

I wish I would have found somebody to ask.
Doubt it will go out the Moffat, I'm thinking up the Front Range.
Nathan

Date: 08/22/04 20:37
Author: cdub

Grande-Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wish I would have found somebody to ask.
> Doubt it will go out the Moffat, I'm thinking up
> the Front Range.
> Nathan

Food for thought for Al Quaida.

Date: 08/22/04 22:37
Author: Highspeed

Bah-humbug.

If you think any terrorists are monitoring Trainorders for targets on the rails, then you got your head up your ass further than most Officers. Publilius Syrus said about 2,000 years ago: "What we fear comes to pass more speedily than what we hope."

UBL and his lackeys are not omnipresent. They are a threat, but they are not even a fraction of the threat the old Soviet Union was.

They just simply got everybody by the short hairs in an unreasonable state of fear. In 1933, FDR said: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified, terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."

It is guys like the one who started this thread who will PREVENT the next terrorist act from occurring on the railroad. I think we should encourage all railfans to patrol the ROW's in their areas for suspicious unknowns!

Date: 08/23/04 06:30
Author: frontrangeflyer

Hey Highspeed, thanks for the reality check. Hard to hide a long train of military equipment. When there is a huge country like ours with people free to come and go, some things can't be hidden. That doesn't mean that folks aren't paying attention however as mentioned in some of the replys. . . Joe S.

Date: 08/23/04 07:47
I'm a little late on this, but....Hey cdub!
Author: CygnusX1

First off, this train is loaded with only support equipment not battle equipment & tanks.

Second, they all look to be in military GREEN camo not desert colors, so I'm just guessing,
but they are not likely being deployed to the Middle-East! Most likely they are returning from
National Guard summer training manuvers.

Third, even if they were being deployed to the Mid-East, so what! So a lineside terrorist observer
would see that we were sending more death in the direction of the badguys!

Fourth, if the military was concerned about this, they would have tarped everything and posted
armed guards to chase away the snoops.

Some people seem to like the idea of the communist block style of governing! Move to China if all
of this freedom makes you too uncomfortable!!

Date: 08/23/04 09:29
Author: lowwater

Grande-Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wish I would have found somebody to ask.
> Doubt it will go out the Moffat, I'm thinking up
> the Front Range.
> Nathan

A few weeks ago there was a BNSF train of brand-new (well, at least newly-painted, solid tan) tanks and APC's of some sort westbound on the old D&RGW. I saw it at Silt.

lowwater

Date: 08/23/04 14:17
Author: nikon1

I can tell just by looking at the photos, the vehicles DO NOT belong to a National Guard unit coming back annual training. The tip off is that there is no writing in white chalk on the sides of the vehicles as to the state the unit is from and the dates of the annual trainning. Further, the National Guard unit in Colorado is the 160th FA Brigade. They wouldn't have a 5 ton dump and 5 ton fuel truck in their support unit.
Ch

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0533 seconds