Home Open Account Help 158 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Break from the heat wave....

Date: 08/29/01 17:10
Break from the heat wave....
Author: photobob

If its Hot were your at right now maybe this view taken on Christmas Day 1971 at Blue Canyon may bring back some cool memories. Its in the low teens and the wind chill from the open dutch door brings it way down but the sights and sounds of those SP F's are worth it.

Photobobs Website
http://www.snowcrest.net/photobob/index.html

Date: 08/29/01 17:44
RE: Ahhhhhhhhhh! Thanks.
Author: DocJones

Subject line sez it all. Thanks again.
Have fun, be safe and stay cool
Doc Jones

Date: 08/29/01 18:13
RE: Ahhhhhhhhhh! Thanks.
Author: FoxPub

Yeah Bob, but come January, you'll be digging up the negs to reprint of the trip with Sam to Andesite in the heat and bees to warm up.

Date: 08/29/01 18:37
RE: Break from the heat wave....
Author: peachfuzz

Matched Wagons...Can close my eyes and hear them now. Mine weren't painted that way, but the sound was the same.

Where are the keys to the Time Machine...?

This was a good one. Thanks for sharing.

Date: 08/29/01 18:45
Too late, Bob ;-)
Author: Paul_H

Nice try, Bob, but Ma Nature beat you to it. Today must have been a good 25 degrees cooler here on the sleepy Coast Line. This morning and throughout the day a big bank of ocean fog is being pushed over the mountains by gusty winds. I should have guessed it was going to happen by how far the ol' barometer fell. I don't mind a cooling-off period but I don't like it when it's that sudden.

But never mind, thanks for another great photo. And in color, no less, just the way I like 'em.

=== Paul H! shivering in AtasCal

Date: 08/29/01 19:30
RE: Break from the heat wave....
Author: dash-9

Great shot, now the only problem is I have to put on a jacket and go back outside in the sun.

Doug Forness
Santa Ana, Calif.

Date: 08/29/01 21:52
RE: Too late, Bob ;-)
Author: samreeves

Shivering in Atascadero? I know San Fran is cold in the summer, but that takes the cake Paul. Watch out guys, when Bob starts reminiscing about f-units, he'll be complaing that none of them are rolling by his penthouse across from the yard in Dunsmuir.

Date: 08/30/01 04:08
Thanks BOB
Author: ge13031

Thats how I like to see snow ... in a picture !

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds