Home Open Account Help 392 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Minnesota symbol queries

Date: 10/14/04 21:06
Minnesota symbol queries
Author: toledopatch

On Monday, a bottleneck developed on the BNSF south of Prescott, WI because of a work train on No. 1 main. This resulted in a fleet of westbound trains through St. Croix Junction, MN that I observed early that afternoon. For the benefit of my record-keeping, can anyone provide symbols (either on- or off-list) for these trains?

BNSF4371/6855 97 general freight at 12:28p
BNSF8022/FURX7208/BNSF6100 103 general freight at 1:52p
BNSF5298/CN2603/TFM1404/unk.6778 TOFC/stacks at 2:16p
BNSF5261/4974/1109 41 general freight at 2:40p
and an eastbound -- BNSF6876 empty grain train at 3:00p

Furthermore, note the 6778 listed above. It is a former BN unit but I could not see any reporting marks on the sunny side of the unit, so I don't know whose lease fleet it belongs to now.

Also, does the IC&E run any manifest trains in and out of St. Paul other than the KCSP/SPKC?

Finally, what would be the symbol of a CP local I shot at Newport, MN on Monday morning that was switching a scrapyard and also had cars for the refinery near there?

Date: 10/16/04 14:22
Re: Minnesota symbol queries
Author: FishBone

The Newport local was the "Scrap Iron", a yard job out of Pig's Eye that switches about eight industries in Newport,
including North Star Steel, Peavey Red Rock and Ashland Refinery.

Fish

Date: 10/17/04 12:43
Re: Minnesota symbol queries
Author: toledopatch

FishBone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Newport local was the "Scrap Iron", a yard job
> out of Pig's Eye that switches about eight
> industries in Newport,
> including North Star Steel, Peavey Red Rock and
> Ashland Refinery.
>
> Fish

Thanks, Fish. Now that you mention it, I heard "Scrap Iron" being given instructions after I photographed that train.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0467 seconds