Home Open Account Help 287 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Railroaders with a sense of humor

Date: 05/15/05 22:53
Railroaders with a sense of humor
Author: dt8089

After chasing this train on a hot August of 88 day, we caught up and shot this eastbound at Bettendorf IA in the fading light. Alas the missing number board suddenly appears. :-). Anyone else experience humorous moments like this? Dan

Date: 05/16/05 06:04
Re: Railroaders with a sense of humor
Author: CyRail

Do you remember where in town that shot was taken? I'm sure the scenery has changed since 1988.

CyRail
Bettendorf High '01

Date: 05/16/05 11:41
Author: dt8089

Not sure where it was taken, but doesn't that look like the LeClaire Hotel in Moline Il on the left hand side of pic? Dan

Date: 05/16/05 18:36
Author: barrydraper

At least he didn't give you a "Lunar Aspect" signal!

Date: 05/16/05 19:47
Author: CyberFoamer

One incident sticks out in my mind.
A couple years ago my famiy was railfanning the Union Pacific's route over the Blue Mountains. We were chasing an eastbound train, which if I recall correctly was an APL stack. After following this train for over 50 miles on twisting, sinuous old US 30, we pulled over to the side of the road for a photo opportunity. Adjacent to our location was a barbed wire fence, beyond which was the railroad, about 10 feet below in a cut. As the train passed, we saw the fireman toss something out the window. He then leaned out the cab, frantically pointing at something. After the train had passed, we proceeded to investigate. We found a UP flashlight and knife with paper attached that read "ARE YOU HAVING FUN YET?"

Casey

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds