Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Short Lines

Date: 10/29/01 06:43
BNSF Short Lines
Author: dgnuse

Okay,

I thought that on Saturday BNSF would be making some decisions on which under-used subdivisions they would sell to other operators. Has anyone heard any news as to which ones would be sold? BobE?

WD

Date: 10/29/01 06:50
RE: BNSF Short Lines
Author: BobE

I'm not sure why Saturday would be such an important day...apparently something I'm not aware of.

They said on their quarterly earnings conference call that they'd decided on 1,000 miles of track to divest. Problem is that Wall Streeters don't know and don't care which lines are which, so they don't bother telling us. Anyhow, they've got to line up buyers, who have to line up financing, who need STB approval, etc. Don't know what to tell you other than get out there and shoot your local branchline ASAP just in case!

BobE

Date: 10/29/01 07:14
Author: WhiskeySCharlie

BNSF sold its Deming Subdivision (Rincon to Deming, NM) to Southwestern RR in early September. News of this transaction was (obviously) overshadowed by news reports that absorbed our collective attention on and after September 11.

WSC

Date: 10/29/01 12:39
Author: funnelfan

This last weekend was the annual BNSF shortline meeting, and it was widely thought BNSF would discuss which lines it was considering for sale. I guess we'll have to wait for Shortlineprez to post his report.

Ted Curphey
funnelfan@icehouse.net

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0413 seconds