Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > TUT, NRHS convention special chase. SP 6304 lead, Photo

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 07/05/05 21:09
TUT, NRHS convention special chase. SP 6304 lead, Photo
Author: alex14ramos

This passed Saturday Keith Ode, and I chased the TUT sponsered NRHS convetion special that was going to be lead by an EX VIA rail F unit that was painted into the SP Black Widow paint scheme. Brian Wilson and Phil Gosney brought the train into Mount Shasta City from Emeryville.

Anyways, we caught the train at a number of spots in between Crockett and Marsyville, and chased it all the way to Mount Shasta City but it wasn't as many times as we caught the WP 707 a couple months ago up to Marysville, that is for sure. I cannot believe how unbeleivable fast this train was running, I am not sure if it was just the regular schedule as Amtrak, just seemed faster since we were trying harder to catch the train at a # of spots, but it was definately frustrating some of the time, Keith and I were second guessing about the chase and were thinking about turning back to the Bay Area, at the end of the trip, we were both glad that we didn't head back. We were going to chase the train part of the second day out of McCloud, but after a few converstaions with other railfans, McCloud #18 was going to lead a photo frieght to Bartle, so we decided that we would rather see that. I am glad that we made that choice or else we would have been chasing a NRHS train led by 2 P42's.

For the first spot, we caught the train at Crockett, unfortunately the train passed on the bay side track, and the shot didn't turn out as planned.

second shot, we caught the train at Bahia, I got the shot, Keith decided to get on top of his van, using his 300mm lens, he wasn't able to get the shot due to high winds.

third, we caught the train at Davis, right as we were arriving in the parking lot, I could hear the horn in the distance, I ran as far as I could to the end of the platform, right as I got to the end, the train was rounding the bend, I got the shot, Keith was too late, and didn't make it.

Fourth, we attempted to get the shot at Haggin, but we didn't make it in time.

Fifth, we caught the train at the west switch at Marysville siding.

sixth, I think the name of the place is called Lamoine, something like that, this was defiantely my favorite spot that we caught the train at, could have been better lighting, but oh well.

7th shot was taken at an unknown location.

The 8th photo was taken at Dunsmuir. They had the make an unscheduled stop there to pick up passengers that missed the train at Emeryville.

Ninth photo was taken at a better location, I guess I should have used my tripod for this location. lol

The tenth photo is a mugshot of Neves hanging out the dutch door! : - 0

11th shot is a going away taken at Mott.

12th photo was taken at Mount Shasta City, I can't beleive how many photographers there were there. This is where the trains were seperated and brought up the McCloud.

Thirteenth photo was taken at a location what I believe is called Big Canyon, not completely sure. That is mount shasta in the backround.

14th was also taken at Big Canyon, second section was McCloud 37 leading.

Fifteenth in a neat going away shot of Cedar Rapids, I really like this one. I forget the name of this location.

And the last shot I got was taken on Sunday of the second section departing McCloud, I guess this is before they all knew that 6304 was gonna konk out on everyone.

Enjoy,
Alex Ramos

Re: TUT, NRHS convention special chase. SP 6304 lead, P

Date: 07/05/05 21:10

Date: 07/05/05 21:11

Date: 07/05/05 21:12

Date: 07/05/05 21:12

Date: 07/05/05 21:13

Date: 07/05/05 21:14

That's all folks.

Later,
Alex Ramos

Next up I will have a thread for the chase of McCloud #18

Date: 07/05/05 21:18
Author: DelMonteX

Great Photos Alex!!!

I too enjoyed #6, the most. How about a little more location info. I couldn't turn up a location spelled Lemoine. What highway? North or south of ?

Your shots give me chance to ask a couple questions that have been nagging me, since I first shot this F unit in Tacoma at CEECO.

1) - Why is it the correct lettering (nay I say font), wasn't used?

2) - Did the owner's of the unit have to pay UP a fee or enter into some sort of marketing agreement?

Steve Carter
MSVRR
Northern Divsion

Date: 07/05/05 21:25

DelMonteX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about a little more location info.

I added as much as I know, it was my first time foaming on that trackage North of Marysville, so it was all new to me, sorry, hopefully some others could help with the locations.

Date: 07/05/05 21:35
Author: espeeboy

cool schtuff Ramos Man! Love the pacing Neves shot and the sweeping shot at what appears to be Lamoine.

Just back from chasing the 4449 and 700 into Portland Union Station. Gonna go back for night shots right now. No photos until sometime this weekend or next week. Still have three more days of railfanning vacation left with the Gorge coming tomorrow...

-Ryan aka "espeedude"
lost in Ore-Gone

Date: 07/05/05 21:39
Author: DelMonteX

ahh, #8 at Lamoine, about 20 miles south of Dunsmuir, along I-5.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0591 seconds