Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > 2 tarped ACe's on M-PRCB-26

Date: 07/27/05 02:21
2 tarped ACe's on M-PRCB-26
Author: KevinD

Pics were uploaded on Yahoogroups. Waddayathink? Does that green look like WP green?

Date: 07/27/05 03:07
Re: 2 tarped ACe's on M-PRCB-26
Author: 2472Don

Absolutely!!!...was waiting for a better-lit pic like this one to make me absolutely sure.I just posted on the previous thread with the image http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,966121 that when I lightened the other pic,it looks like fresh Perlman Green paint from the can!

Thanks for the pic!...BTW...did you take a peek under their skirts :)

2472Don

Date: 07/27/05 04:36
Author: chilli

All the model railroad royalty and licensing agreement fees have finally paid off - if indeed these units are part of a "fallen flags of the Family" deal.

I thought it was the Armed Forces theme that was more creditable.

But, perhaps with the morale on the UP as low as a mud hole on the Coast Line, this could be an attempt to focus attention on the glory days of all the fallen flags. If they are introduced into general service, there will be plenty of time to take "roster" shots of each as they sit unmanned in sidings, stopped at red signals, and following the UP locomotive velocity theme!

Date: 07/27/05 05:49
Author: Red

chilli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All the model railroad royalty and licensing
> agreement fees have finally paid off - if indeed
> these units are part of a "fallen flags of the
> Family" deal.
>
> I thought it was the Armed Forces theme that was
> more creditable.
>
> But, perhaps with the morale on the UP as low as a
> mud hole on the Coast Line, this could be an
> attempt to focus attention on the glory days of
> all the fallen flags. If they are introduced into
> general service, there will be plenty of time to
> take "roster" shots of each as they sit unmanned
> in sidings, stopped at red signals, and following
> the UP locomotive velocity theme!

I'm a UPRR employee...and while things haven't yet turned the corner out West (the former Regional Vice President of the Western Region, RVP), Mr. Verhaal...did a lot of damage, just as Ike Evans did to the WHOLE COMPANY. Good riddance to Ike. I have no ill will toward him, and sincerely he hopes he loves the good life he has ahead of him away from the pressures of the railroad, enjoying huge salary with bonuses that were larger than his salary the 5 or 6 years he was with the company, the huge severance package he got by completing his contract (though he was neutered at the end..."kicked upstairs" into the office of Vice Chairman so he could finish out his contract)...a severance package with both cash and stock options that amount to more than most people on this board will earn in a LIFETIME. I truly hope he enjoys himself, and has a long, happy, prosperous life.

But...he RUINED the turnaround that had begun on the UPRR really began getting on its feet after the meltdown of 1997, and was beginning to expand capacity, fix up track, and hire more people. All of this progress was brought to a GRINDING HALT under Evans...good riddance to him.

Jim Young, the new President of the Railroad and Chief Operating Officer, who reports to Dick Davidson, Chairman of the Board, President, and CEO of UP Corporation, and, retains the true title of power at the UP Railroad, CEO at that level as well as at the corporate level.

But Jim Young is a railroad man...a RAILROADER...not a pin-headed bean counter. I've heard he's a good-hearted man, too. And, I have seen money spent on tracks, extra tracks, massive reduction of slow orders on my end of the line to an extent I've never seen before...so...I wish Mr. Young very well...and HOPE that he is heir apparent to Dick Davidson. We have the franchise of franchises now. We are the literal GORILLA of the RR industry. We're getting faster, and rapidly adding capacity, in addition to fixing track that should have been fixed 5 years ago. Buying even more nice new locomotives...we now have one of the youngest locomotive fleets in the nation.

I THINK...that if Young has his way...and SUCCEEDS...the power of our franchise will shine as brightly as the paint on the new SD70ACe's, and, that we will stop becoming a laughingstock...and we'll be able to give the BNSF a good run for it's money.

I LOVE the idea of the heritage scheme SD70ACe's, and even better, the announcement that these are "first in a series".

Date: 07/27/05 06:37
Author: LCW

Hey Red, you make some excellent points, but Davidson is just as responsible for the mess we deal with every day. He needs to be shown to the pasture as well. He may have started in the ranks, but forgot long ago where he came from.

Ike appaerntly hasn't upset too many people, as they will be running a special train to Rochelle next week to re-dedicate Global 3 as the Ike Evans Intermodal Facility. Or they just want the customers to know who to blame for their frieght being stuck in a corn field in the middle of no where.

Date: 07/27/05 07:09
Author: csx5000

No to me looks like Army Green and Airforce Blue. I was once in the military so i think i should have a pretty good hold on the colors
railfan1 out

Date: 07/27/05 07:20
Author: bnsf

Air Force blue yes.....but I don't know about the Army color.

Date: 07/27/05 09:06
Author: usa4624

The army uses black and gold for its official colors.

Date: 07/27/05 09:29
Author: TCnR

Red Wrote:
the literal GORILLA of
> the RR industry.

Careful with the 800 pound gorilla in the living room analogy, far too close to reality.

Heritage colors would be a respectable motivational attempt, hope it works out.

Date: 07/27/05 10:15
Author: 2472Don

usa4624 Wrote:
> The army uses black and gold for its official
> colors.

Shane -

Hmmmm...you are correct...thanks for the heads up!As I posted in a previous thread,I thought (seems errorneously now) that the Perlman Green paint was Army Green.
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,966121,page=2

2472Don

Date: 07/27/05 11:10
Author: fjc

Good comments Red, lets see if this Young guy can be the same person he is four or five years from now. Lets see if the UP doesn't turn into some type of corporate hitman, who will make bad descisions later on down the road that will affect many.

Verhaal, they need to give him a nice plush office in a 60' box car, then send it over a hump via a nice hard kick and forget about it ;)

I recall one night when working in the coach yard we had to couple into his business cars, and move them from one track to another. I forget what we had for a engine, but the engineer was creeping in for a hook after our safety stop, we barely nudged the car, just enough to get the pin to drop and that wasn't much.

One of his goons came out and started yelling at me, saying that we slammed into the car and spilled the soup, etc. That Mr Verhaal and his wife were in the car!! My reply was "so, if you think you can do it better, common down". That ended that, and he walked away in a huff, I felt if it was truely something that bad Mr. Verhaal would come out himself or call a trainmaster on us.

The engineer was furious, she said the damn speedometer never went past 0mph and if they want to have it any smoother to do it their *&^%ing self <G>. I told the conductor to deal with these a**holes before I get all upset and say something I shouldn't.

Red Wrote:

>
> I THINK...that if Young has his way...and
> SUCEEDS...the power of our franchise will shine as
> brightly as the paint on the new SD70ACe's, and,
> that we will stop becoming a laughingstock...and
> we'll be able to give the BNSF a good run for it's
> money.
>
> I LOVE the idea of the heritage scheme SD70ACe's,
> and even better, the announcement that these are
> "first in a series".
>

Date: 07/27/05 11:13
Author: winchester

Will these units retain these paint jobs after the event in which they are to appear at long after its over?

Date: 07/27/05 15:23
Author: samreeves

It all doesn't matter. One week of service and they will join the company colorsÂ…of black soot!

Date: 07/27/05 16:15
Author: Clearblock

So happy that things are so rosy on your part of the railroad. They still suck in my area and are getting worse, not better.

Date: 07/27/05 16:23
Author: bnsfjth

csx5000 Wrote:
> No to me looks like Army Green and Airforce Blue.
> I was once in the military so i think i should
> have a pretty good hold on the colors
> railfan1 out

Yawn... Look at the facts.

Date: 07/27/05 17:21
Author: Red

Clearblock Wrote:
> So happy that things are so rosy on your part of
> the railroad. They still suck in my area and are
> getting worse, not better.

I know that it's still tough in certain areas of the UPRR. I hope things get better for you, soon. I wasn't trying to look at the world through rose-colored glasses, but, to give some folks some hope for down the road. I do think if the company were to be managed in a direction, say, about 180 degrees in the other direction that it was managed under Evans, within 4 or 5 years, maybe things will get better on your end. It's amazing how much damage one man can do to a company in several years. Figure on at least as many years as the person was in office to get things better under new leadership.

Date: 07/27/05 18:15
Author: Waybiller

csx5000 Wrote:
> No to me looks like Army Green and Airforce Blue.
> I was once in the military so i think i should
> have a pretty good hold on the colors
> railfan1 out

And the UP is going to have a special ceremony for just the Army and Air Force, and freeze out the Navy and Marines?

Date: 07/27/05 19:07
Author: NYCSTL8

When will CSX unveil its NYC, B&O, C&O, WM, L&N, SBD, and ACL units? Yes, you're right: Hell will be a skating rink by then. Frozen solid.

Date: 07/27/05 21:00
Author: CTCFailure

Why would UP paint them for the military schemes.. ? it doesnt make any sense.

Date: 07/27/05 21:29
Author: motorman_13

CTCFailure Wrote:
> Why would UP paint them for the military schemes..

Maybe they will be testing them out in Iraq...? Could be a good measure of their resistance to explosives as well.......

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0711 seconds