Home Open Account Help 278 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Front end of UP1982 (heritage unit)

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 07/29/05 13:16
Front end of UP1982 (heritage unit)
Author: timkilbride

Heres a shot of the front end....

Tim K.

Date: 07/29/05 13:17
Re: Front end of UP1982 (heritage unit)
Author: jdmero

Nice PEEK shot!!
jd

Date: 07/29/05 13:18
Author: timkilbride

Another...

Tim K.

Date: 07/29/05 13:18
Author: Washita

sweet! they are heritage locomotives. 100% sure with that MP buzz saw hearld. good job man!

Date: 07/29/05 13:19
Author: AC4400CWGEVO

Wow, we have a blue face with wings!

Keep them coming Tim!!

Thanks!

Ac4400cwgevo

Date: 07/29/05 13:23
Author: TCnR

That pretty well explains whassup.
Thanks for the perseverance.

Date: 07/29/05 13:35
Author: checkmate007

Very Cool!

Date: 07/29/05 13:36
Author: stretch

That looks damn good.

Date: 07/29/05 13:37
Author: pecosvalleychief

The Eagle has landed. Sweet.

Date: 07/29/05 13:49
Author: 2472Don

Tim K. -
Great stuff...you da man!!!Sweet...sweet...and MORE sweet stuff to come soon I hope!

2472 Don

Date: 07/29/05 13:49
Author: rt_wolf

Gawd, love these teasing shots!!! Just enough to show details without spoiling the surprise. Can't wait until tomorrow. :)

Robert T.

Date: 07/29/05 13:51
Author: oddballsdecals

BEAUTYFULL!!!!

Tom

Date: 07/29/05 14:00
Author: cnwwestdiv

Thats some hardcore bigtime PI stuff. What a covert shot between hoppers. I love it.

Date: 07/29/05 14:01
Author: DutchDoor

I seem to recall MoPac blue was a bit darker than that.

It puzzles me why nobody seems to care that the only reason UP is painting these units is to keep gouging model railroaders who want to model MP, SP, WP, CNW, D&RGW. You guys should be angry.

By the way, I noticed that the locomotive in the photo is marked for both MP and UP. Isn't that a co-mingling of corporate assets? It tends to obscure the true ownership of the unit. Whose is it? If it's Missouri Pacific, then how much revenue, income, and taxes, did the Missouri Pacific Railroad report for the tax year 2004? As a professional fraud investigator, I'd be suspicious if I saw that in the course of my work. Looks like the classic definition of a shell company.

Date: 07/29/05 14:02
Author: Android

That's a cool little shot! Kind of interesting that they decided to use what looks to me like "FHWA E-series modified" (an US official road sign typeface) for the numbers on the cab. It used to be you didn't see that typeface anywhere but on road signs, but nowadays I see it everywhere, many magazines, including TRAINS use it - I've seen it on signs in discount stores, in certain companies newspaper ads (think Nextel), and the Weather Channel uses a couple of the FHWA-style fonts all over the place. But until now, I'd never noticed it used on a locomotive. I'd seen FHWA Series D lettering for the identifiers on re-numbered FURX coal gons and that's about it for that style typeface on RR equipment. The typeface that NS uses is similar but not the same. This is kind of nice change from seeing the usual UP typeface and the Arial/Helvetica you see on a lot of other roads' locomotives these days.

andy

Date: 07/29/05 14:13
Author: stretch

DutchDoor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I seem to recall MoPac blue was a bit darker than
> that.
>
> It puzzles me why nobody seems to care that the
> only reason UP is painting these units is to keep
> gouging model railroaders who want to model MP,
> SP, WP, CNW, D&RGW. You guys should be
> angry.
>
> By the way, I noticed that the locomotive in the
> photo is marked for both MP and UP. Isn't that a
> co-mingling of corporate assets? It tends to
> obscure the true ownership of the unit. Whose is
> it? If it's Missouri Pacific, then how much
> revenue, income, and taxes, did the Missouri
> Pacific Railroad report for the tax year 2004? As
> a professional fraud investigator, I'd be
> suspicious if I saw that in the course of my work.
> Looks like the classic definition of a shell
> company.

Jesus Christ, it doesnt get that serious. Cant we have a lil fun and speculation without worrying about that stuff. If they are so what, just enjoy the paint scheme.
Someone will always find something bad out something good. You can get all bent outta shape about it as much as you like, but me, and im sure others are gonna have fun with this.

Date: 07/29/05 14:13
Author: Mgoldman

DutchDoor Wrote:

> It puzzles me why nobody seems to care that the
> only reason UP is painting these units is to keep
> gouging model railroaders who want to model MP,
> SP, WP, CNW, D&RGW. You guys should be
> angry.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,967688,967688#msg-967688

I think that was infact noticed by someone...me.
I thought that was interesting too.
But non-the-less I am happy to see this from UP and I'm sure this was not the only reason if reason at all to do it. Morale needed some pumping up and the publicity is relatively inexpensive.
/Mitch

Nice peek shots, BTW!
Todd - I am checking this site often and think a few more prizes are due for these great teaser shots!

Date: 07/29/05 14:15
Author: harvick29trains

Hey, do you think this is in the old 1950's scheme with the Grey stripe with "Missouri Pacific" written on it? That would be the reasoning for the light blue paint and grey or siler trucks.

Date: 07/29/05 14:18
Author: NDHolmes

True, it may have something to do with their continued trademark enforcement, but their lawyers are going to continue that drive anyway, heritage units or not. I see no reason to be angry at them for painting up a few tribute locomotives - seems to be something that could be interpreted as an act of good faith as much as it could be interpreted a darker, trademarky, legal move. They already have hundreds of old freight cars, and have painted a few new ones with older logos, so I don't think one more locomotive isn't going to make or break their case. Seems there's a much stronger case that this is a good PR move on their part, and I'm personally happy they're finally recognizing their corporate history rather than trying to paint over it as fast as possible. I also can't see it as a co-mingling of corporate assets when the MP corporation, to my knowledge, no longer exists. Likewise for the WP and the SP. That's just my two bits, which won't even get you a cup of coffee anywhere.

Date: 07/29/05 14:20
Author: mexrail

harvick29trains Wrote:
> Hey, do you think this is in the old 1950's scheme
> with the Grey stripe with "Missouit Pacific"
> written on it? That would be the reasoning for the
> light blue paint and grey or siler trucks.

Yep, this is the pre-Jenks paint scheme I do believe. Take a look at some of the PR shots of the Colorado Eagle and you can see the colors/eagle.

Mexrail

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.065 seconds