Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Santa Cruz Street Running

Date: 09/12/05 21:58
Santa Cruz Street Running
Author: mirage

Santa Cruz Boardwalk, Aug 7, 05, 85 degrees, blue skies, light breeze, open door, and auto traffic pulling to the side for SCBT&P CF7 2600, leading the run back to Felton. Is this the good life or what?

--Mark J

Date: 09/12/05 22:06
Re: Santa Cruz Street Running
Author: NH2006

Awesome, I gotta go back to Snata Cruz sometime..it's been 15 years...

Date: 09/12/05 22:39
Author: shed47

The real reward is when the Big Trees adds revenue freight to the Santa Cruz to Felton passenger runs. This isn't some show for tourists, but common carrier revenue earning mixed trains serving San Lorenzo Lumber in Felton. Seems to be one of the best kept secrets in California railroading and certainly one of the few mixed train operations in the country.

Date: 09/13/05 09:20
Author: samreeves

2600 needs a retouch on its paint job there. However that could be why 2641 gets the lion's share of work in Big Trees.

Date: 09/13/05 10:39
Author: DaveD

That's pretty cool... I've heard about it, but never seen it in person. Definitely putting that on the 'to see' list.

Dave
-DPD Productions - Featuring the TrainTenna LP Gain RR Scanner Antenna-
http://eje.railfan.net/dpdp/

Date: 09/13/05 11:09
Author: pilotbarry

My daughter is a recent grad of UC Santa Cruz, on one my trip up there to vist with her we took this train trip, we both felt it was one our best times together while she was a stundet there. Funny thing she has an apt near the beach where the trip stops for a time, but both ways well worth the time.

Barry

Date: 09/13/05 11:13
Author: OnTrackEd

The BT&P summer season has ended, and there's still some time left on weekends for those that want to ride,

There will also be further moonlight excursions, as well as the holiday lights train (originating and ending at the Boardwalk, as it only runs within Santa Cruz city limits)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0521 seconds