Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Steam & Excursion > Pacific Coast Railroad Roundup

Date: 05/06/06 21:20
Pacific Coast Railroad Roundup
Author: africansteam

Here are a few shots from today's Pacific Coast Railroad Roundup on Rob Rossi's Santa Margarita, California Ranch. This two day event, which continues tomorrow from 10:00AM to 4:00PM, is a fundraiser for the San Lusi Obispo Railroad Museum.

First up is Locomomotive Number 2, a 1927 Vulcan used in the TV series Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman. The coaches are ex Santa Fe and Disneyland, built in 1955.

Next we have Porter 2-6-2 No. 3, and lastly we see this year's addition to the empire, a replica of the General - formerly used by a Texas themepark.

Africansteam

Date: 05/06/06 21:21
Re: Pacific Coast Railroad Roundup

Africansteam

Date: 05/06/06 23:18
Author: 576

africansteam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
and lastly we see
> this year's addition to the empire, a replica of
> the General - formerly used by a Texas themepark.

It was Six Flags Astroworld.

Date: 05/07/06 06:26
Author: Nitehostler

Jack, do you know about how many miles of track that they operate over? Really great looking opertion.

Tom

Date: 05/07/06 09:16

Nitehostler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jack, do you know about how many miles of track
> that they operate over?

Tom, They have a one mile loop, but one of the volunteers on the train said that it may be extended a to 3 miles.

Cheers,
Jack

Date: 05/07/06 10:34
Author: brassjournal

Am I the only one who thinks that the first shot looks like a picture of a perfect HO layout?

Thanks for all of the photos. I wanted to attend but it didn't work out, so the posts are appreciated.

Date: 12/07/12 08:18
Author: octrax

Pics 1 & 2: A "Vulcan", eh? My Christmas wish (Star Trek Fans will appreciate this): Live Long and Prosper... And I was wondering where those Disneyland wood coaches went to! Doing some railfanning (on the outside looking into) the "Traditional" Magic Kingdom, the coaches absence are very noticeable arriving into Disney's Main St. Station.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/12 08:30 by octrax.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0321 seconds