Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Steam & Excursion > Three Pufferbellies side by side by side

Date: 02/07/07 18:44
Three Pufferbellies side by side by side
Author: RDG630

October 1, 1978 Gettysburg, PA and the Chessie Steam Special behind ex-RDG 2101 visits smaller bretheran of the Gettysburg Scenic Railroad.

Date: 02/08/07 06:10
Re: Three Pufferbellies side by side by side
Author: LOGGERHOGGER

Speaking of 3 pufferbellies side by side......Here is how we do that at Mt Rainier Scenic RR.

Martin

Date: 02/08/07 16:53
Author: Guitarman

This is a fabulous photo, and I remember this time oh so well. I was on that trip and was working and did not have a chance to photograph that scene. Thanks for posting it here. The Cornell family operated the Gettysburg Railroad at the time and you probably know what happened to their operation when they had that accident with the one steamer blowing up. Unfortunately that accident not only caused them many problems, as their son Jim who was the engineer at the time received 2nd and 3rd degree burns, but as a result of this accident, the rules to operate steam locomotives changed (for the better) but it hurt so many other operations as the insurance costs went through the roof after this happening.
Thanks for posting your photos here for all to enjoy. These are great.

Date: 02/10/07 09:17
Author: EMD100469

RDG630 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> October 1, 1978 Gettysburg, PA and the Chessie
> Steam Special behind ex-RDG 2101 visits smaller
> bretheran of the Gettysburg Scenic Railroad.

Wonderful photo! I would love to see more of the CSS, if you have them.
Ross

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0259 seconds