Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Steam & Excursion > 2007 Steam Events Schedule?

Date: 02/25/07 03:32
2007 Steam Events Schedule?
Author: ChessieRR

Are there any sites online that list all of the 2007 steam events for the US? I usually only hear about them after they are already completed.

Thanks!

Date: 02/25/07 05:31
Re: 2007 Steam Events Schedule?
Author: loco4501

Start with this one...
http://svsfilm.com/diary/

one more...
http://www.steamspecials.com/index.php

They should get you started. Also try the UPRR Steam page...

http://www.upsteam.com/schedule.html

I believe the quick answer to your question is "no". If anyone knows any different please post it!
RJ

Date: 02/25/07 05:40
Author: poffcapt

ChessieRR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are there any sites online that list all of the
> 2007 steam events for the US? I usually only hear
> about them after they are already completed.
>
> Thanks!

Break out the credit card and get a subscription to Trains or Railfan & Railroad!

BLS

Date: 02/25/07 06:53
Author: SilverSky

See the post below for the 261 excursion from Minneapolis to Duluth and return on June 2 and 3. The 261 trips will always be posted on www.261.com when plans have been finalized.

Silver Sky

Date: 02/25/07 07:17
Author: bacsteam

When you see photo's on Train Orders or 1 many of the fine train related magazines they will mention the name of the organiser for that event
Place a shout out on Train orders to have that individual contact you with a private message on how to get a hold of them
Most if not all of them are on here or someone who knows them very well is
I would say there are no more then ten individuals who run private steam excursions or photo charters here in the USA
Many steam events go unpublished every year to keep Chasers away (No I don't want to have that discussion on here)
Good luck & I hope to see you track side at one of the steam events this year !

Date: 02/25/07 13:56
Author: RuleG

poffcapt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ChessieRR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Are there any sites online that list all of the
> > 2007 steam events for the US? I usually only
> hear
> > about them after they are already completed.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Break out the credit card and get a subscription
> to Trains or Railfan & Railroad!
>
> BLS

Trains Magazine no longer includes a listing of excursions and the Trains.com website (which does not require a subscription except to read the Newswire) listing of excursions is disappointingly incomplete.

The svs steam diary website listed above is the most comprehensive source of steam events which I know about. Nearly all major steam events discussed on this board have been listed on this website's calendar.

You may also want to look at the National Railway Historical Society website at nrhs.com. NRHS has national conventions which usually, but not always have at least one main line steam excursion. The 2007 Convention will be in Chattanooga and the 2008 meeting will be in Dallas. Click on the "Activities" link at the top of the page and then click on the link to the Annual Convention. NRHS.com also has links to many individual NRHS chapters, a few of which organize steam events.

Dave

Date: 02/25/07 15:39
Author: bnsfsd70

Well, I recently heard that the 3985 will be coming through KC this summer, but have not heard or seen any details. Can anyone confirm or deny such a statement? Thanks, Jeff

Date: 02/25/07 16:04
Author: ChessieRR

Thanks for the response guys. Hopefully I can get to something this summer.

Date: 02/27/07 02:32
Author: JohnMcIvor

The UP Steam Crew have announced 'to be confirmed' plans for a steam trip late June/July including Kansas City - power to be EITHER 3985 or 844. I have listed this on the 'Steam Train Diary' at http://www.diary.svsfilm.com
Hope this helps! John McIvor
www.svsfilm.com

Date: 02/27/07 18:33
Author: bnsfsd70

Thanks for the update. Jeff

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0547 seconds