Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Steam & Excursion > McCloud River #18 in Fillmore, Ca. for movie shoot.

Date: 05/18/10 16:57
McCloud River #18 in Fillmore, Ca. for movie shoot.
Author: Starship_Conductor

The following message and pictures were sent to me from a member of the "Santa Clara River Valley Railroad Historical Society".

"On Saturday, the Fillmore & Western Railway received a 2-8-2 Baldwin engine for an upcoming movie shoot. It was shipped from Nevada to Santa Paula, and then on Saturday, it pulled the Saturday excursion train from Santa Paula to Fillmore. It's the first full size steam engine to sit on FWRY's turntable. The movie is about a circus and the FWRY's cars have been repainted appropriately".

Date: 05/18/10 16:58
Re: McCloud River #18 in Fillmore, Ca. for movie shoot.
Author: Starship_Conductor

3 more.

Date: 05/18/10 20:58
Author: AdamPhillips

The Benzini Bros Circus. Is that where a bunch of oil industry and political clowns come out and fleece the crowd? I think I've been to that show. Don't care for it.

On a serious note, when on the turntable, watch that last step...it's a doozie. Thanks for posting.

Date: 05/18/10 21:11
Author: nathansixchime

"The movie is about a circus and the FWRY's cars have been repainted appropriately".

Damn, that was quick. They were just in Indiana looking for the same.

Date: 05/19/10 08:59
Author: erielackawanna

Thanks for posting these... based on the images themselves, I'm pretty sure I remember the photographer too!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0397 seconds