Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Steam & Excursion > .

Date: 10/26/12 20:47
Author: F40PHR231

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/21 07:16 by F40PHR231.

Date: 10/26/12 21:14
Re: Consist roster of 4449 Bend trip
Author: CarolVoss

Thanks so much for posting these pics-----we were in the Silver Lariat and it was a wonderfully managed event by the Friends of the 4449-------managing 500 people on a two day event such as this was no small challenge------it was beautifully done!!
C.

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Date: 10/26/12 21:29
Author: asheldrake

GREAT roster shots Chris!! In my opinion the Traveller's Rest was the highlight of the consist, it is
really a beauty and took a LOT of work by a few dedicated folk to get it done and inspected in time
for the trip. I really look forward to the time when the interior is restored to approximately what
it looked like in "Traveller's Rest" service and we can have it on one of the display tracks that
come off the turntable.
I look forward to a time when our docents can talk about Portland's Lewis & Clark Exposition and the tie
in with the 197 and Traveller's Rest........
Yes, that is a couple of million $$$ away but we have one hell of a start.... Arlen

Date: 10/27/12 02:26
Author: ClubCar

Thanks for posting the entire train and for sharing the photos. Great shots.

Date: 10/27/12 12:06
Author: Phil1

Wow what a train. It is a whose who of PV. I am curious in that I notice all the car numbers start with 800.Is there a roster or list of all the PV since I assume the 800 is the club or organization number and then each car has ts own identity number? I am only guessing, but I also assume that if you own a private car,you can register it and get an 800 number once you have done all the work and got it AMTRAK compatible to run on main lines in other trains. Please correct me if this is wrong. Thanks again for this detailed roster and photos.

Phil Blommendahl
Getzville, NY

Date: 10/27/12 13:00
Author: Notch16

And once again... thank you for not ignoring the rest of the story! Great photos of great cars (hey, and some Amtrak stuff too!)...

~ BZ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds