Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Steam & Excursion > Silverton, Co arrivals and departures

Date: 11/07/12 10:51
Silverton, Co arrivals and departures
Author: editman

Ive been sitting on this video for a while because I was not happy with it. Its a bit shaky. But today I decided to go for it (maybe I'll win shaky video of the month award). I learned 2 things during and after the trip to Silverton, 1. as I get older I can't seen to hold the camera as still as I once could, and 2. I'm forgetting things (the tripod).

Thanks for attempting to view it.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/07/12 11:37
Re: Silverton, Co arrivals and departures
Author: RNinRVR

That video is nothing to be ashamed of.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA

Date: 11/07/12 14:12
Author: jerryheng

Amen! Loved the blowdown in the last scene. Thanks for posting! - Jerry

RNinRVR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That video is nothing to be ashamed of.

Date: 11/07/12 15:19
Author: nycman

Definitely nothing to be ashamed of there, especially considering how much telephoto you had in some of those. Heck, I couldn't hold a VHS camera that steady 20 years ago, and I know how small these new digital ones are.
Sometimes all of us need to be reminded that this is a hobby, we are not all professionals, and to just enjoy what someone captured of a steam event where the viewer was not present in person, but the photographer was gracious enough not only to capture it but to share with those who were not there. I enjoyed your video very much and thank you for sharing it with us.

Date: 11/08/12 08:54
Author: editman

Thank you for your comments, but maybe I mislead you about the video. I'm not ashamed about it at all In fact I like the way it finally came out. What I did not like was the fact that I was stupid not to have taken along the tripod.

Date: 11/08/12 11:12
Author: RNinRVR

editman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What I did not like was the fact that I was stupid
> not to have taken along the tripod.

That good sir has happened to all of us.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds