Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Steam & Excursion > Nevada Northern

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 12/05/12 07:22
Nevada Northern
Author: Auburn_Ed

Haven't seen a posting for the NN Winter Photo Shoot yet. This was three years ago. Perhaps the best steam engine experience available these days.

Ed

Date: 12/05/12 07:29
Re: Nevada Northern
Author: LoggerHogger

That is one fine image!

Martin

Date: 12/05/12 08:12
Author: africansteam

Lovely work, indeed!

Cheers,
Jack

Date: 12/05/12 08:28
Author: KeyRouteKen

Is that an actual photograph or a painting ??

KRK

Date: 12/05/12 09:01
Author: zephyrus

Excellent image!

Z

Date: 12/05/12 09:28
Author: msharps

It doesn't get any better! Love the light and composition. Have they done a winter photo shoot since?

Date: 12/05/12 10:01

It IS a photograph...sharpness, contrast, color-correction, and cropping in PSE7. I have been to the Winter Photo-shoot for the last 3 years, it is worth every penny AND MORE! East Ely is like Chama, EVEN BETTER. If a weekend in Ely, Nevada, is not on your bucket list, it should be. I haven't yet heard the schedule for 2013 (Feb., usually) but am hopeful it will be advertised soon.

Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/12 10:03 by Auburn_Ed.

Date: 12/05/12 11:03
Author: Harlock

We're finalizing the winter freight itinerary now and I think both weekends still have a few spots available.

Should be another fantastic set of weekends. I will be guiding the daytime shoots on weekend one and Steve Crise will be bringing his lights per usual. We'll be lighting a great night shoot using modern strobes which allows us to take many dozens of photos in a single session with all of you participating.

We do a totally different night shoot each year and sometimes each weekend.

We'll be utilizing the adverse (high line) branch again this year in addition to everything else, giving the broad sweeping vistas in front of the mountains as well as the cut.

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA
Photography, Railroading and more..

Date: 12/05/12 11:07

All the photos are from the 2012 shoot.

Photo one is the big view on Adverse at the fill just after the cut.

Photo two is from our night shoot this year.

Photo three is #40 and her 'new old look' restoring the authentic "safety first" emblem that used to grace her smokebox, as well as the marker lights. She looks quite different than she did in previous years, so if you haven't been in a while come on down.

Both #93 and #40 are up and running, along with the passenger train, boxcar train, hopper train and wreck train.

The steam wreck crane will be operational and will perform a re-railing demo in front of the cameras.

I've done a number of photo freights, and I have to say that the NNRY is the very best bang for the buck, not the least of reasons because the locomotives, rolling stock and buildings are all original to the railroad, there's so much variety, and there's 60 original buildings to explore. You could do a whole weekend just shooting in the yards and not run out of scenes to replicate. (and on extreme snow storm weekends we've done just that!)

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/12 11:11 by Harlock.

Date: 12/05/12 11:08

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It IS a photograph...sharpness, contrast,
> color-correction, and cropping in PSE7.

Topaz? :)

Always a fun look if not overdone, and can really bring life to flat images. (edit: Not to insinuate yours was flat! It's a great photo.)

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/12 15:26 by Harlock.

Date: 12/05/12 13:25
Author: clearstack

Photo weekends are Feb 8-10 and Feb 15-17. More info at NevadaNorthernRailway.net or (866) 407-8326

Date: 12/05/12 17:16

I'm signed up now for the first weekend, Feb 8-10, 2013. Can't wait.

Ed

Date: 12/05/12 17:25
Author: mikel

Hmmmmm, got me thinking too .... did the winter shoot for 4 years ? and a spring shoot too. Winter is DEFINITELY better !! Maybe time to go back, been probably 4 years since I've been there.

Ed - that's an awesome shot ! Looks very HDR like !!

Mike

Date: 12/05/12 21:43
Author: RustyRayls

OUTSTANDING images Ed & Mike!!!! It just can't get a whole lot better than these!

Old Bob out in Lost Wages

Date: 12/06/12 07:47
Author: chichi41

Sure looks like a painting!
Ron W

Date: 12/06/12 07:50
Author: Gateway97

Man, those are just superb guys!

Date: 12/06/12 07:57
Author: refarkas

This is one of the finest images I have seen. It is a masterpiece.
Bob

Date: 12/06/12 08:53
Author: wabash2800

Yes, could be a postcard image.

Date: 12/06/12 10:20
Author: Crabbshell

Awesome that would make a fantastic Christmas Card!

Date: 12/06/12 10:24

Thanks for all the praise. In just a few weeks I hope to duplicate the photo (with variations) many times. Feel free to use this photo for non-commercial applications.

Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/12 10:27 by Auburn_Ed.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0796 seconds