Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Steam & Excursion > More New Haven Pacific shots

Date: 12/16/12 22:38
More New Haven Pacific shots
Author: choochoocharlie

Three more B&W photos from my Fathers 4X5 negatives from the late 1940s. Three photos by Harry R. Lange

1 - 4-6-2 #1331 getting ready to leave the Waterbury, Connecticut station with a Northbound passenger train.
2 - 4-6-2 #1335 at the Waterbury station with a Southbound passenger train in the snow.
3 - New Haven 4-6-2 #1347 coming out of the tunnel near Terryville, Connecticut. This was originally a double track tunnel, but the second track has been removed. You can see the ties where the switch used to be. The Terryville station is on the other side of this tunnel.

C.C.Chas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/12 22:41 by choochoocharlie.

Date: 12/16/12 23:46
Re: More New Haven Pacific shots
Author: TonyJ

Great photos, Charlie. Thanks!

Date: 12/17/12 06:16
Author: refarkas

These images capture a long ago time in a fascinating way. Whether at the station platform or coming out of the tunnel, the NH comes alive to me. Thanks for posting these.
Bob

Date: 12/17/12 06:26
Author: YG

These are great. I hope you find more!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 12/17/12 07:30
Author: Frisco1522

More terrific image from your Dad's camera. This kind of stuff is what I remember watching as a kid.

Date: 12/17/12 13:29
Author: nycman

Great stuff, Charlie. Any idea if that tall (bell?) tower is still standing in Waterbury?

Date: 12/17/12 16:10
Author: LIL_BUDDY

nycman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great stuff, Charlie. Any idea if that tall
> (bell?) tower is still standing in Waterbury?

Yes, it is.

Date: 12/18/12 08:17
Author: DopeGun

The shot at Waterbury station is magnificent. I spent some time working on a few passenger cars in Torrington, CT, once. Did New Haven run through there?

Date: 12/18/12 16:51
Author: steamfan759

Many thanks for taking the time to make these photos available to all of us. My brother and I stayed over in Waterbury this past September and the area really has changed! At least the clock tower still stands tall in the city!!

Date: 10/05/14 08:11
Author: robertw144

On the bottom photo, based on the track that loco is on, I believe that is a northbound to Winsted, CT. If it were going to Hartford it would be on the track all the way to the right.

Robert Gross
Groveland FL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0446 seconds