Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Steam & Excursion > The rest of the 4014 story.


Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


Date: 07/24/13 11:28
The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: Frisco1522

Rumor has it that the UP has contracted with Chip Foose and the Overhauling crew to take 4014 to their shop and overhaul it and they have been given 7 days.
Look for it on VelociTV.



Date: 07/24/13 11:42
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: BNSF6400

Can they install spinners on a steam locomotive's drive wheels?



Date: 07/24/13 11:42
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: CPRR

I am not buying that tripe.....



Date: 07/24/13 11:43
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: Realist

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rumor has it that the UP has contracted with Chip
> Foose and the Overhauling crew to take 4014 to
> their shop and overhaul it and they have been
> given 7 days.
> Look for it on VelociTV.

And it will be painted and detailed by the good folks
at Duck Dynasty.



Date: 07/24/13 11:45
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: Nighthawk

Realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Frisco1522 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Rumor has it that the UP has contracted with
> Chip
> > Foose and the Overhauling crew to take 4014 to
> > their shop and overhaul it and they have been
> > given 7 days.
> > Look for it on VelociTV.
>
> And it will be painted and detailed by the good
> folks
> at Duck Dynasty.

No no no. They don't paint. They're going to create a giant duck call whistle for it. Sheesh. Get it right.

Kount from Kounting Kars is doing the paint.



Date: 07/24/13 11:52
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: Hillcrest

No no! Danny (The Count) doesn't paint, he has that weirdo Horny Mike do it, so the Trademark Horns will no doubt adorn the Big Boy...

Cheers,Dave



Date: 07/24/13 11:55
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: Nighthawk

Hillcrest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No no! Danny (The Count) doesn't paint, he has
> that weirdo Horny Mike do it, so the Trademark
> Horns will no doubt adorn the Big Boy...
>
> Cheers,Dave

I stand corrected. What was I thinking?

And with that corrected info, UP has decided to pull the paint job away from Kounts and give the contract, instead, to two street kids in Compton with a few cans of spray paint.



Date: 07/24/13 12:16
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: daylightfan

I wonder how many chrome rings they can put on it!



Date: 07/24/13 12:27
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: Jason-Rose

Realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And it will be painted and detailed by the good
> folks at Duck Dynasty.


Nice. Can't wait to see her in the new camo paint!

Jason Rose
Spring, TX
Rio Grande Explorations



Date: 07/24/13 12:48
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: GrandePete

Chip Foose? It would be cool to have a Shelby Big Boy

Posted from iPhone



Date: 07/24/13 12:56
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: Frisco1522

I like the duck call whistle idea. Hold that thought.
I'm amazed at these car shows like Overhaulin, Texas Car Wars and Desert Car Kings. They dig something up out of a swamp and there's always an important auction in ten days and they have to work day and night to hurry up and finish it. And it's always a frame off with a new engine/tranny/interior/paint and chrome and done just in the nick of time. Very far fetched. I like the new one on now, Fantomworks better. It's a whole lot more realistic.
The boys in Cheyenne have a huge job ahead of them. At least they have a decent facility to do it in. When we first restored 1522, outdoors, I would walk past the UP 4006 and was thankful we didn't have that one to do. Twice the amount of everything and lots bigger.
I wish them the best of luck and I hope it goes smoothly.



Date: 07/24/13 13:08
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: MJV1988

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the duck call whistle idea. Hold that
> thought.
> I'm amazed at these car shows like Overhaulin,
> Texas Car Wars and Desert Car Kings. They dig
> something up out of a swamp and there's always an
> important auction in ten days and they have to
> work day and night to hurry up and finish it. And
> it's always a frame off with a new
> engine/tranny/interior/paint and chrome and done
> just in the nick of time. Very far fetched. I
> like the new one on now, Fantomworks better. It's
> a whole lot more realistic.
> The boys in Cheyenne have a huge job ahead of
> them. At least they have a decent facility to do
> it in. When we first restored 1522, outdoors, I
> would walk past the UP 4006 and was thankful we
> didn't have that one to do. Twice the amount of
> everything and lots bigger.
> I wish them the best of luck and I hope it goes
> smoothly.


Well lets hope they do more of a Graveyard Carz (also on Velocity) approach to it where they fix every detail on it and restore it back to original condition (minus the oil burner and pull out coupler, radiator cooling pipes on walkway and whatever else)

Posted from Android



Date: 07/24/13 13:33
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: Hillcrest

We should all be glad it won't be a "Pimp My Ride" style run she may, but shine she must rebuild...

Cheers, Dave



Date: 07/24/13 13:49
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: nycman

Nah, I heard from a foamer that they have hired the Antonov 225 to fly it from Pomona to Cheyenne. (Right after they build the runways in both places).



Date: 07/24/13 14:02
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: davew833

I heard the group in Pomona decided to accept UP's offer for their Big Boy after Rick Harrison from Pawn Stars said "I'd love to have it but it's just too d*** big for my shop." Chumlee suggested they move the "Old Man's" desk out to the back by the dumpster to make room.



Date: 07/24/13 16:08
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: mongo

I heard the old chinese woman on Fast And Loud was doing the interior. and all fo 300 bucks and over night to boot.

Mongo



Date: 07/24/13 16:09
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: TomPlatten

Maybe they could get those guys on American Restoration to restore her--they seem to be able to fix anything!!!!



Date: 07/24/13 16:12
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: Realist

Hillcrest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We should all be glad it won't be a "Pimp My Ride"
> style run she may, but shine she must rebuild...
>
> Cheers, Dave


Problem is, it very well might turn out to be a "Pimp
my Ride"thing. Look at what has been done to 844.



Date: 07/24/13 16:28
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: engine3420

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rumor has it that the UP has contracted with Chip
> Foose and the Overhauling crew to take 4014 to
> their shop and overhaul it and they have been
> given 7 days.
> Look for it on VelociTV.
Raked lowered and tubed.............



Date: 07/24/13 16:33
Re: The rest of the 4014 story.
Author: Frisco1522

One word: Hydraulics



Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


[ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1101 seconds