Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Steam & Excursion > 7470 Farewell Excursion Next Month

Date: 04/16/14 16:34
7470 Farewell Excursion Next Month
Author: DLTBerkshire

Attention New England steam fans,

The Massachusetts Bay Railroad Enthusiasts & The Conway Scenic Railroad are busy planning a photo special behind Canadian National 7470 as a way to send her off for her FRA inspection & rebuild. This excursion will take place on May 31st. Tickets are on sale NOW. Better reserve your place on the train before it's sold out because it's limited to only 156 passengers. For more information about the 7470 photo special, go to this link: http://www.massbayrre.org/Trips/7470PhotoSpecial.html

Date: 04/16/14 20:45
Re: 7470 Farewell Excursion Next Month
Author: 5-String

DLTBerkshire Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Attention New England steam fans,
>

I'd encourage all steam fans to consider the trip. I went up there last fall and rode the trip just to Bartlett: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,3191583,3191583#msg-3191583

The railroad doesn't normally make steam trips past Bartlett except for charters. And the scenery (as seen from Rte 302) is really incredible up near Crawford Notch. It looks like somebody got really creative doing a mountain model railroad.

Combining the trip with the Mt Washington Cog would make a really nice steam vacation. I definitely want to go back someday.

Date: 04/17/14 09:04
Author: Ianmck425

Just saying to all Railfans just chase this, after being on the "Steam in the Snow" Event that they did, it was the worst planned photo trip I have ever been on, the crew was rude and didn't seem to want to be there at all, the photo stops were not planed well at all, to many people were on the train, I will NEVER ride a trip that they run ever again!

Date: 04/17/14 09:15
Author: bigjim4life

Ianmck425 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just saying to all Railfans just chase this, after
> being on the "Steam in the Snow" Event that they
> did, it was the worst planned photo trip I have
> ever been on, the crew was rude and didn't seem to
> want to be there at all, the photo stops were not
> planed well at all, to many people were on the
> train, I will NEVER ride a trip that they run ever
> again!

So then the compromise would be to buy a ticket - or make a donation to the group at the same cost as a ticket - and then chase...yes?

Jim Lipnitz
Morrisville, PA
Big Jim Video Productions

Date: 04/17/14 10:17
Author: rev66vette

Well Ianmck425, you certainly have me confused...you post a gripe here on this thread about how poorly this event was run, yet a search here of that event shows a prior posting of you attending the event with some really neat photos, (and compliments from several people here). And another post of your photos of the snow plow extra the previous day with excellent photos.(I even commented on them).. And no mention whatsoever of any issues with this operation....so why the sudden gripe at this time????

Date: 04/17/14 19:12
Author: Ianmck425

I don't like to "bash" Railroads or say anything bad about them I chose not to say anything because I figured that they wouldn't have another event like that, im just telling people that the people that run the event do not plan it well, and Jim I made a 50 dollar donation.

Date: 04/18/14 06:07
Author: rev66vette

Well,you have your opinion, as late as it may be...but the many videos that are posted on YouTube say otherwise, as well as the photographers on railpictures and railroad picture archives, where I couldn't find one negative comment, other than the disappointment many people had that the trip was sold out.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds