Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Steam & Excursion > Steam and Historic Diesel Running at Railtown 1897

Date: 07/22/14 20:44
Steam and Historic Diesel Running at Railtown 1897
Author: Roundhouse_Rat

Took a trip to Jamestown Harley on Saturday to pick up some parts before we take off on our tri-state motorcycle trip later this week. Since Railtown 1897 SHP is a couple of blocks away from the Harley shop, we took our 4 year old granddaughter with us so we could take her on a train ride. Due to an air gauge issue they were running diesel instead of the Sierra Railway 3. Dave jumped in and got busy dead weight testing the air gauge and helped get the steam up and running again. I kept our granddaughter busy in the roundhouse, the park, the store, the carriage room, back in the store....

I finally took her for a ride on the third run of the day. As the train pulled out of town we saw Papa (Dave) pulling the #3 out onto the roundhouse lead (first picture).

The second picture is of the SRY 1265 (the locomotive pulling our train) during the run around at Rock Siding. The third picture is of the west end of the Railtown depot.

Date: 07/22/14 20:51
Re: Steam and Historic Diesel Running at Railtown 1897
Author: Roundhouse_Rat

My favorite shot of the day: My granddaughter taking a picture of the engineer while Papa checks out the air line to the engineer's sander.

Date: 07/23/14 09:13
Re: Steam and Historic Diesel Running at Railtown 1897
Author: spdaylight

That's a great shot of Papa and grand-daughter . . . a keepsake for years to come . . . great post!

Craig
http://mcmrailvideos.com/

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0423 seconds