Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Steam & Excursion > Memories of big mountain steam...

Date: 08/26/14 18:14
Memories of big mountain steam...
Author: Train611

Hi all,

This Selkirk Locomotive (CP5931)sits at the entrance of Heritage Park Calgary.

For those that saw these engines at work in western Canada, or worked on them, it must have been a thrill.

A nice day, allowed for the reflection.

Among many other heritage offerings, Heritage Park has a live steam passenger train running 7 days a week...until Sept.1..

A neat place to visit.

Date: 08/27/14 00:00
Re: Memories of big mountain steam...
Author: Finderskeepers

I had always hoped that CP would bring one back to life with their steam program. Alas the program was ended, the 2816 mothballed, and no other big Canadian Pacific steam runs today.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/27/14 05:50
Author: Train611

Hello,
If you look up Kettle Valley Railway you will see their tourist program operates ex -CP3716.

The crew keeps the locomotive in great shape. Their location is near Penticton BC.

Have a good day.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/27/14 06:08
Author: Keystone1

Now you see, those trees that are growing bigger and bigger, are making the whole scene unphotographable. But, nobody give a s--- except a photographer who wants a quality picture of the locomotive. I'd cut them down at 4am, go for breakfast, and come back at 8am to shoot the picture correctly.

Date: 08/27/14 10:33
Author: Finderskeepers

Train611 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
> If you look up Kettle Valley Railway you will see
> their tourist program operates ex -CP3716.
>
> The crew keeps the locomotive in great shape.
> Their location is near Penticton BC.
>
> Have a good day.
>
> 611
>
> Posted from iPhone

When I was thinking "big CPR steam" a 2-8-0 wasn't really in my mind in that category...nor was 4-6-0 1057. I was talking about big mainline steam, not branch line engines. No slight was intended towards 3716, but she's not in the same category as a Selkirk.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0414 seconds